R A L P H Y - Explicit

Seventeen
Unedited

Aubrey

I did one quick sweep of my room, to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything, as expected, I had everything.

Being the good natured nanny I was, before heading downstairs, I made a stop in Eva's room, where she was so busy stuffing a suitcase up, with nothing but toys, she hadn't noticed my appearance behind her back. She let out soft grunts and groans struggling to fit the small fraction of toys in the suitcase, in comparison to the surplus of toys she'd already possessed.

I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh at her utter determination to fit all those toys in the suitcase.

Now aware of my presence, Eva shot up from where she was crouched down on the ground.

"Aubby!" She called, jumping into my arms, I hadn't realized I put out.

"Hey sweetie, what are you up to?" I asked in my nanny voice, referring to the suitcase on the floor.

"I'm going to grandma Willow house for the weekend," She stated confidently, "daddy's taking me."

"Is that so," I curved my lips into a slight pout, "I have to go the whole weekend without you?"

Speak of the Devil, just as she was starting her sentence Anthony came into the room, "Evie you ready?"

I swiftly put Eva back down to her feet, so her father obtained her full attention.

"Almost daddy," she pointed towards the suitcase, "I just can't get my toys in."

"Come on now honey, remember Grams got lots of your toys still at her house, I'm sure you won't need all these." Anthony knelt down near the opened suit case obviously amused at her persistence.

"You know Ms Adams," He shifted his attention to where I stood now by the door. I had to control myself from rolling my eyes in response to him addressing me so coldly, like I was truly, nothing but the nanny hired to watch over his daughter. Instead, I let my browse raise indicating him to go ahead, "when I was a kid my family was below the poverty line, we were so poor my first toy was from a Toy Drive my older sister had brought me to one Christmas Eve. Things were a lot harder then they are now, I had to work myself all the way to where I am now," He had a almost cocky tone in his voice that disrupted any slight interest or admiration I had for his little come-up story. He continued adapting a surely condescending and mocking tone, "hand outs from my father was something that was never an option for me."

Angered by the way he felt as if he could undermine my hustle and take from my existence I quickly snapped and put a stop to the rest of the bull shit, "Oh, poor you."

I huffed.  Quickly collected myself and made my exit, sure to sway my natural widened hips that I know he's taken a notice of, before he could get another word in.

"What an asshole!" I angrily whispered under my breathe, heading towards the front door.

I wanted to scream, make a scene. Let Anthony Ross know he was wrong about me. But was he? Am I really just the spoiled little brat that gets everything she wanted simply because her father was a multi millionaire that gave her the world like a blink of an eye?