Chapter 39 Sire

LightStar POV

I was so confused. Why was Soundwave standing in the middle of the room free? I looked around and saw both Bulkhead and Smokescreen knocked down. I also saw Agent Fowler knocked out. The only one who was still not knocked out was my Sire, who's optics went wide when he saw me at the entrance to the main room.

"Light, ru..." My Sire tried to yell, but it was too late because he then got shocked by one of Soundwave's tentacles.

"Sire!" I yelled.

Just then, I saw Soundwave turned to me and began walking towards me. I began to walk back with fear on my optics immediately. I was scared to find out what Soundwave was going to do to me. I couldn't fight him right now while I was holding my sparklings. I was trapped with no way out.

"Please... Soundwave. Don't hurt me or my sparklings" I said, hugging my sparklings closer to my chest just as I hit the wall behind me. I immediately began to cry for not just mine but my sparkling's life. I couldn't fight and risk my sparklings getting hurt in the process.

Finally, Soundwave stopped in front of me. I closed my optics when I saw him raise his servo, but nothing came. I immediately opened my optics and saw Soundwave caressing one of my sparkling's helm.

"Huh? What?" I asked.

"Soundwave will not hurt LightStar or her sparklings because LightStar and Soundwave were really good friends back at the Warship, but he will be taking Ratchet. Soundwave is really sorry, but he has to follow orders. Do not try to stop Soundwave, or he will be forced to hurt LightStar" Soundwave said. I was shocked.

I was both shocked that he was not going to hurt me or my sparklings, but was also shocked that he was going to take my Sire with him, and I couldn't do anything to stop him. I watched Soundwave, then turn his back to me and walk over to my Sire. He then picked my Sire and opened a Groundbridge. Soundwave stopped and looked at me once again.

"I'm really happy for you, LightStar. I wish things could've been different. Goodbye, LightStar" Soundwave said, using the same voice that he used before he shut down earlier.

I watched Soundwave leave with my Sire, while I stayed behind with my sparklings on my arms. I immediately felt tears form on my optics, and I began to cry silently.

"I'm sorry, Sire. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. I'm so sorry" I said. I fell to the ground and hugged my sparklings closer to my body as I cried my optics out.

I don't know how long I was on the ground, but it must have been long. Just then, I heard Arcee's voice through the computer. I was about to stand up, but my legs didn't respond. I couldn't stand up.

Just then, I saw Bulkhead and Smokescreen began to wake up. I decided to let them be the ones to reply to the team's call instead.

":: Ratchet, do you read?::" Arcee asked again.

"Urg... Arcee?" Bulkhead asked.

":: Is everything alright? Where is Ratchet?::" Arcee asked.

"He's... He's... Gone" Bulkhead replied.

":: Gone? What do you mean by gone?:: " I heard Skyquake's voice ask from the other side.

":: Wait? What about LightStar? Where is she?::" I heard Dreadwing's voice ask. I saw both Bulkhead and Smokescreen immediately looked around for me.

"I'm fine" I replied, scarring both Bulkhead and Smokescreen. I also heard a couple of sighs of relief from the other side of the call when they heard me speak up.

Finally, Bulkhead opened a Groundbridge for the team to come back to base. I looked up and saw both Dreadwing and Skyquake immediately ran to my side when they saw me sitting down on the floor with our sparklings in my arms.