Chapter 1 | Haraya Convington

THIRD PERSON POV

"Haraya, that's enough. He is dead." Haraya finally dropped the baseball bat before removing her gloves.

"He puts on quite a fight for his life. I was just making sure that I got him." Haraya's guardian, Lady Red, shakes her head while handed a box of tissue for Haraya to clean up the mess she made on her face.

"But, do you have to bludgeon the man to death? The cleaning crew will have a field day on this room alone. Do I need to mention the mess you did on the ceiling too?" Haraya wipes off the blood from her face before throwing the tissues on the dead body.

"So? I was hired to kill the man. Anyway, am I done? Do I have any other mission?" Haraya inquired her guardian before leaving the room as the cleaning crew shows up.

"Yes. You were chosen to deal with a high profile case. Tomorrow the CM and FO wish to meet you in person. For this mission, you have to go to Russia." Haraya raised an eyebrow.

"Russia? Are you serious? I thought the Agency has no jurisdiction in Russia. Why do I have to be there?" Haraya asked as she opens the door to leave the house. Lady Red took the box of tissues away from Haraya's hands and placed it on top of the trash bin.

"Because the elders want to bury any bad blood between the Agency and the Vladimirovna." Haraya scoffed.

"There is a reason why Vladimirovna decided to forbid us from going into Russian soil. And that reason is standing in front of you. Lady Red, as my guardian, do you think the Vladimirovna will let me go upon knowing my arrival?" Haraya stopped on her track before facing her guardian.

"The Vladimirovna despise me, Lady Red. They will do whatever it takes to kill me. Of course, I have no problem in dealing with anyone they send, but the Agency will have to vouch for me. I doubt they will let me do whatever I want." Lady Red has nothing to say to Haraya.

Because the guardian knows that what Haraya just stated is the truth. Haraya went into the car, followed by her guardian.

"I am aware of your concern, Haraya but you have no choice but to follow theborders from the higher-up. They want you to take this case. I did try to help you, but they dismissed my report. The CM even said the president himself was the one who recommended you. The client is willing to pay top dollar for your service." Haraya didn't say anything.

"I want to take a bath. My whole body reek of that man's scent. I don't like it." Lady Red sighed.

"To the dorm, please," the guardian told the driver before facing Haraya who avoided making eye contact.

"Your beautiful blonde hair is now drenched with the colour red. Of course, you need to have a bath. I'm sorry, Haraya. I'm such a useless human being. I may be your mentor, but I can't do anything to help you. Even if I used my status as the former top assassin, I can't go against the president. I'm sorry." Haraya kept a nonchalant expression before facing her guardian.

"I know that you have no power against those who sit on top of the organisation. You and I are simply guinea pigs for the higher-ups to use for their selfish desire. I choose this kind of work so now I have to go through it." Haraya unzips her jacket to take it off.

"I can't believe I have to seduce that old man. Look at me! I have to put on this useless makeup to cover up my scars. I can't wait to get this whole thing off of me." Haraya tried to wipe the thick foundation that was all over her arms.

"You can't remove them that easily. You need to use the proper liquid to wipe it all off." Haraya sighed while her guardian chuckled at her antics.