Chapter 4 | Where are you?

MIRELLA'S POV

"Mom! Why do you have to spray her face like that? I only told her my name. She didn't know who I am." My mother just dragged me away from the hotel room, wearing only the hotel robe that she found inside the bathroom.

"I told you to save her. Not bringing her to a hotel room and do- oh my God. I never knew my daughter is a whore. Perhaps I've been a bad influence on you, my dear." Now she's doing the blaming card.

"But do you have to spray her face with whatever concoction inside that bottle? What if it's harmful for her?" My mother shakes her head, no.

"It's a simple sedative spray that The Academy scientists had created. It's not harmful to humans- well, it is supposed to be safe. The side effect includes headache, nausea, irritation on the skin, and memory loss." My mother whispered the last part. My eyes widen.

"Memory loss?! Is knowing who I am that dangerous? She seems so sweet and innocent when we-," I couldn't finish my thoughts without blushing in a deep shade of red.

"I don't think you're aware of your current situation here. You do realize that you're in the way of The Academy's mission to assassinate Haraya. Even if you wore a mask to cover your identity; they will bound to know who you are. But for now, all we can do is to pretend that you have no idea what is going on. And let us pray that Haraya doesn't remember who you are." Why do I feel conflicted about this?

Part of me wants to forget what just happened, but most of me want Haraya to find me. When we arrived home, I immediately went to my room and remove my contact lenses and the mask I've been wearing all this time.

To think that my mother has this kind mask lying around her workshop is creepy. I wonder about what purpose does she need to have this. Hmmm, I can't seem to be functioning well after meeting such a woman. I feel so hollow down here. I hope she's okay. To be sprayed on the face like that must be painful.

It's been quite a night. I should get some shut-eye since I have to be at The Academy tomorrow. Besides, I have to keep a nonchalant expression to attend tomorrow's banquet for welcoming the new head of The Academy. I'm optimistic that tomorrow will be a battlefield.

***

When I arrived at The Academy, the attention I got from the students was too much for me to handle

When I arrived at The Academy, the attention I got from the students was too much for me to handle. Some scoffed at my presence while some somehow felt pity over me.

"Perhaps it is time for you to give back the car you took from The Academy. Daddy is gone, princess. Andrei is the new head after all." I stopped and turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"Perhaps it's time for you to wash your mouth with soup. Rather, should I bring some acid from the lab and pour it into your mouth instead. There's a limit to my patience. Right now, that very patience is currently sitting on a thin line," I took a step forward while he took a step back.