Chapter 11 | The Withered Doll

(Fun fact, I was listening to Welcome to the Black Parade [on repeat] while writing this)

THIRD PERSON POV

"My name is Haraya Convington. It's not Harriet. And, I'm not a jeweler, I'm a killer. I work for an organization that takes money to kill another human being. You're currently looking at their top killer, the dagger princess. I do have another name given to me by the CM; the withered doll." Both Henry and Lisa were speechless after hearing Haraya's explanation.

"Now, I'm ready to hear your explanation." Haraya smiled at her birth parents. Henry and Lisa looked at each other before facing Haraya.

"We were young, wild, and in love. But even so, we both know that having you at a mere age of 16 is not what our parents would want to hear. We did try to find you after we got married. We did, but the orphanage said that you escaped from their care." Lisa stopped Henry from continuing when she noticed Haraya reacted to his explanation.

"Escape? Is that what they say? Thank God I burned them all to crisp." Haraya gave out dry laughter while shaking her head.

"Tell me, is what the nun told me was true? That they found a letter that has my name on it." Lisa nodded.

"Yes. It was your mother who gave you that name. She even let you use her family name, Convington." Haraya chuckled.

"So, the whole reason for my abandonment is because of your family. Why didn't you two confess that you two had a child out of wedlock? Does it seem fair that I have to suffer so much, unlike my other siblings? If only you have a slight change of heart that day and didn't hand me over to the church, I wouldn't have been the person I am today. Do you have any idea of how many life's I've taken?" Lisa was about to say something, but she doesn't have the heart to speak up.

"Well, at least my siblings didn't abandon at birth. Right?" Haraya smiled before standing up from her seat and went to look out from the window.

"Who is that boy with your daughter?" Haraya pointed out when she saw Francesca, the youngest daughter of the household running away from a boy.

"That is Francesca's ex-boyfriend. Why is he here? I will inform the guard." Haraya stopped her birth father from using the phone. When she looked out the window just then, she saw odd movement by the bushes.

"Let me handle this. I know how to stop a boy like him from harassing your daughter." Henry and Lisa were confused as Haraya leave the room.

"Where are you going?" Mirella noticed me walking across the living room as she comforted Francesca.

"I'm doing one of that big sister thing." Haraya nonchalantly said, making everyone confused, especially Francesca.

Haraya smiled when she opened the door as the boy looks up at her.

"Fran- wait. You're not Francesca." The boy state the obvious. With a smile on her face, Haraya grabbed hold of the boy's collar and stared into his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Haraya asked. The boy struggled to free himself.

"Let me go! I am a child! You can't do this to me! Don't you know who my father is?! You'll never live in this town again!" The threatened. Haraya smiled.

"Have you ever try clapping with one hand?" Haraya asked before slapped him across the face. The boy was so surprised that he has no idea how to retort.

"My- my father will hear about this! He is close with the president of this country!" Once again, Haraya slapped him across the face.

"The president? I fuck his daughter before! What can he do to me?!" Haraya screams at his face before smirking when the boy went speechless.