Chapter 9 | Chance

THIRD PERSON POV

"First and foremost, I would like to thank those who find some time in their busy schedule to attend tonight's party. Having you with us is a matter of great joy and comfort. We look forward to sharing some incredible moments! Welcome!" Henry and Lisa raised their glasses as they welcomed their guests.

The couple smiled before takes a few sips of their champagne.

"I heard there is a new 'money' in town. Have you heard anything about them?" Henry was as surprised as the others while Lisa greets the ladies.

"New 'money' in town? I don't think anyone informed me. Who are they?" Henry asked one of his guests.

"My daughter said you wouldn't be able to miss them once they in this room. After all, they're both women." Henry raised an eyebrow while his eyes are searching for the couple.

"Oh. They do look quite a couple. Did they mentioned what kind of businesses they do?" Henry asked while sipping his champagne.

"Nope. All my daughter said that the one who wears the suits doesn't mind spending a mega amount of money for her wife. I mean, just look at that red-haired woman standing beside her; every man would love to be her partner. Too bad, huh." Henry laughed at his guest's retorts.

"And here I thought you wouldn't dare to comment things like that ever again after what happened between your wife." Henry's guests shake his head before they continue to talk about business opportunities in their city.

Meanwhile, Lisa was welcoming her guests for attending the party and even tried to coax some of the attendees to spend a few worths of their money for a more significant cause.

"Lisa, do you have any idea of who they are? Since you're the one who invited the guests here tonight." Lisa turned to the direction her guests pointed to.

"Ah, they're new in town. I was surprised when I receive a call from an old friend of mine saying I should invite them because they don't mind spending money for the greater cause. I think their names are Harriet and Mariya Vela." The ladies were intrigued to know more about the member of the elites.

"Look at that woman's dress. I've never seen anyone dare to wear such a revealing dress before. And her partner, because of her physique, she looks like a well-built man, especially with that suit." The ladies sigh dreamily while looking at the couple.

"Oh! The couple caught me staring! They're coming this way." Lisa put a smile on her face as the couple walked towards them. When she finally made eye contact with the woman wearing the suit, something in her snapped.

"Somehow, I think she looks like your daughter, Francesca. Lisa, am I right, or am I wrong" The ladies chuckled away as they greeted both the same-sex couple.

"My name is Harriet, and this is my wife, Mariya." Lisa was so surprised that she stuttered before she tries to talk to Harriet (Haraya).

"You- I mean. Welcome." Lisa smiled while fighting for her tears.

Harriet (Haraya) pretend to be confused by the hostess's gesture.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure why I am reacting this way upon seeing you. It must be because I just missed my children." Lisa tried to laugh it off. Harriet (Haraya) tried to smile, but deep in her heart, she wants to strangle this woman and asks her why did she was abandoned.

"We understand. Too bad, my wife's parents were the worse off the worst. Can you believe how cruel a person can be to the length they even abandoned a day old baby in the hands of a stranger? That's what happened to my wife." Mariya (Mirella) fake a cry.