Chapter 7 | Haraya X Mirella

HARAYA'S POV

"What was that sound?" Mirella asked when I arrived at the outdoor sitting area.

"Sound? Oh, breakfast! How did you know I haven't had any?" I was about to take a sausage from her plate when she hit my hand using a spoon.

"There's a whole platter for you. Why do you have to steal from mine?" I smiled while rubbing my hand.

"Because whatever you eat must be delicious." Mirella shakes her head.

"Nonsense. Just have a seat and eat your breakfast." I did as told and just enjoy my breakfast while watching this woman complain about everything in her room.

"By the way, what did you do? I heard an explosion and saw smoke coming from the entrance of the forest." I shrugged my shoulder. 

"You do realise that my room is on the top floor, right?" I smiled at the red-haired woman while munching on the sausages.

"I launched an RPG at a group of students who are snooping around the forest. I believe they're from The Academy." There was no response from Mirella after I told her what I just did. When I looked up to her, her eyes widen while watching me reaching for the salad bowl.

"What?" I asked with my mouth full.

"You launched an RPG at a group of students? What is wrong with you?! They're just students! You could just capture and interrogate them without the need to kill anyone who just following orders!" Ah, I see it now.

This woman cares for others, but not me. Anyone who dares to challenge me shall pay for their action. 

"They entered a private territory. So what's the problem? I can do whatever I want, and you can't tell me what to do! Remember your reason being here." Mirella slammed her spoon on the table with a scowl on her face.

"Yes! I understand the reason why I'm here! It's because of your pride! You kidnapped me for no reason, and now you just expect me to follow what you say?! I-," I smiled while pointing my steak knife at her neck.

"Be a good girl, and just do what I said. Okay?" This woman suddenly grabbed and took the knife from me before stabbing my palm with it.

"God, that feels good!" Mirella scoffed.

I know I should have reacted when this woman stabbed my palm, but I simply didn't feel anything. Sure, it went through my palm, but hey, this isn't the worse thing that ever happens to me.

"What? Are you going to cry now? Do you think I wouldn't dare to stab you with my own two hands? Please don't forget that I am an assassin as well." Mirella smirked at me.

"Me? Crying? I'm sorry for bursting your bubbles, but I don't cry. I have lost the ability to cry after the nuns told me that after I was born, my parents abandon me." I smiled before pulling the knife from my palm and threw it on the table.

Mirella seems a bit guilty, but I don't need her sympathy. I motioned for her to come closer to me before ripping her dress and use the ripped cloth to bandage my bleeding palm. At this point, even Mirella knows it's useless to even react with the way i treated her.

"This is a new dress too. Do you have to ruin such a good dress?" I shrugged as Mirella called for the maids. A maid came with something to cover her exposed chest.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight when I stabbed you." Mirella apologised.

"This is nothing. I've been through worse." I continued to eat my breakfast.

"Have you ever tried to find your birth parents?" I shrugged at her question.

"The thought did came across me before, but what's the point of trying to find someone who abandoned you before? If they're willing to abandon a day old baby in the hands of others, it says a lot about that person, right?" Mirella sighed.