Chapter 6 | "She's coming."

MIRELLA'S POV

I sat in front of the dressing table, combing my hair when Haraya barge into my room while holding her wound. I was surprised, but I didn't say anything or react to her sudden appearance.

"You were thinking of escaping from this place while I was gone?" This blonde woman stood behind me as she looked at my eyes through the mirror.

"I can't say for sure. Why? You can't blame me for thinking of leaving this place. It's only natural for me to think of a way to escape because you kidnapped me." I smiled at my kidnapper whom others deem as dangerous.

But to me, Haraya is more than a murderer; she is also a kidnapper who doesn't let anyone get in her way.

"You know, in Asia, women are warned to never comb their hair at night in front of a mirror for they believe that evil spirit roamed at night are more powerful." I stopped midway of brushing my hair before looking up to her. Haraya gave me her famous smirk.

"You're just saying that!" Haraya shrugged.

"It is your choice fo believe me or not. Just don't come screaming at me when the ghost comes tonight." Haraya smiled as I placed the comb on the table before turned around to face her.

"Why do you have to do that?" Haraya smiled.

"Because it's fun." I leaned back when the blonde woman takes a step forward.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I- I'm not quite sure but when did you saw me naked?" Huh? Oh, I forgot that my mother sprayed that 'thingymajig' on her face. Wait, did I just reference Inspector Gadget? I think I did.

"Well, it was before you suffered the memory loss. I'm sorry about that. In our line of work, we need to take extra precaution when it comes to our identity. But, I didn't expect that you would be able to find me that easily!" I laughed it off.

Once again, I leaned back when she took another step forward.

"Does that mean you saw my scars?" Scars? Hmmm. I can't help but think that she's a bit wary about her scars. Why do I feel like she's feeling insecure about her imperfection? It's inevitable since we decided to do this kind of work. As assassins, we're bound to get injured.

"Yes, I did, and I don't judge a person according to their outer appearance. Why? Should I do that instead?" Haraya suddenly grabbed my chin while staring into my eyes.

"So, how did you feel after seeing my scars? Did you feel disgusted? Am I a monster that only exists in your dreams?" It's- hard- ... I can't breathe! When she realised that I am gasping for air, Haraya finally let my chin go.

I sigh once she let me go.

"Why should I feel disgusted when I too have my battle scars? Sure, yours are worse than mine, but it doesn't matter to me at the time." Haraya smirked before grabbing me by the collar of my shirt.

"The maid just iron this! Don't wrinkle it!" Haraya didn't care when she dragged me away from the dressing table and pushed me on the bed.

"Wait, wait, wait!" I raised both hands when she was about to tower me.

"Your wound! I advise that you should restrain yourself from physical activity because it will affect your healing progress. We should just talk over with a cup of tea-," before I could even finish my thoughts, this blonde woman leaned in and kissed me on my lips.

Wait- I didn't even realise that I've been missing this kiss.

"You talk too much. This is your punishment for trying to escape." Haraya leaned in for another kiss.