Chapter 17 | Life Support

[Read at your own risk. This is unedited]

THIRD PERSON POV

"Hmmm, kill him," Andrei ordered when another student refuses to tell him where Mirella is. After the student was kill, Andrei faces his secretary.

"Should I visit my aunt? She should know, right?" The secretary remained silent throughout the event and Andrei beginning to feel annoyed.

"I don't like this! Say it! What is in your mind!" Andrei forced his secretary to say what is in her mind while the crew is cleaning up the body of the student that was killed.

"You just killed another student who had a promising future." The secretary voiced out.

"So? We can always find another and trained them better. What's the problem with it?" Andrei's secretary pinched the bridge of her nose after hearing how childish Andrei's reply was.

"Not everyone has the guts to do what the students do! For example; you have never been out to the field. You can't even aim a gun properly and do you expect me to believe yours a martial art genius? You're always jealous of Mirella because she's all that and you're not. I'm sorry if I sound rude, headmaster But this is the truth." Andrei was offended, but he knows that the secretary is only stating the truth.

"You don't have to be so mean about it. I need to get myself into the vault. The amount of secrets and never-seen-before evidence of corruption that's happening in this country is crucial in our next venture. If we have all those politicians within our reach, we can be better and more influential than Volin! Volin is what it is because they possessed secrets that other powerful people wish never to see the light of day. I want to be just like that." The secretary sighs mentally.

"If only he knows how dangerous it is the path that he chooses to do, he wouldn't be doing this kind of thing." The secretary said mentally.

"Sir! We have a problem." Both Andrei and the secretary were surprised to see a student came into the interrogation room.

"There is a tank coming towards The Academy building! What should we do, sir?" When Andrei heard that, his heart race. The headmaster turned to face his secretary because he has no idea how to handle this situation.

"Inform all artillery students to standby. If it's unavoidable, launch an anti-tank missile to stop the tank from approaching The Academy." The student nodded.

"We should go to the control room. The students need your DNA to launch anything from the building's security system." The secretary had to drag Andrei towards the control room because his legs refuse to heed his command.

"Who is attacking The Academy? All I did was finding Mirella. I have never made any enemies since I have the office. What is going on?" Andrei frantically questions everything before he saw someone he doesn't want to face all on his own.

"Haraya Convington is on sight! I REPEAT; ITS HARAYA CONVINGTON!" One of the students announced when they have Haraya on visual.

Andrei froze in his place while his eyes locked on the screen.

"Kill her. KILL HER BEFORE SHE KILLS ME!" Andrei shouted to no one in particular.

***

Haraya was getting herself armed when Mirella is judging her weapon of choice.

"What?" Haraya asked while putting on her bulletproof vest.

"No, handguns? Not even a blade?" Haraya showed her blade to Mirella.

"I often use the enemy's handgun if I have no way around it. There's no need for me to carry one. I like using these since it carries more bullet and power." Haraya kept a nonchalant expression while getting herself ready.