Chapter 14 | Accepting

[This is the unedited version. Please read at your owner risk. I will edit this tomorrow when updating chapter 5]

MIRELLA'S POV

"How long will it takes for her to wake up?" I asked the doctor after he's done checking on Haraya.

"She should be waking up soon. Don't worry. I've been Haraya's doctor for years now. I know that she will not be affected by such injury." The doctor smiled before leaving the room.

I know that she won't be affected, but will she be alright? Even someone like Haraya needs time to heal.

"Oh, Haraya is still unconscious?" I heard a voice coming from the door. When I looked up, I saw a beautiful woman peering her head into the room.

"And you are?" I asked.

"My name is Kylie. Haraya used to be my instructor, but now I am working in the basement as a gun instructor. I heard that  Haraya got hurt by Lady Red. So, a couple of her ex-student would like to see her." Oh, they're Haraya's student? I permitted them to enter the room.

Upon seeing them up close, it seems like Haraya has a habit of taking in beautiful people as her student.

"So, how do you guys manage to get this woman as your instructor?" I asked when seems out of place.

"Lady Red assigned us to be under Haraya's care. At first, the training and lesson were harsh, but as time goes by, we manage to keep with Haraya's way of being the best. We still have scars from her harsh lesson. Each other of look up to Haraya for that." Huh? They look up to the person who tortures them?

"It's because of her teaching that we manage to be the agent we are today. Each of us managed to rise in rank right after we entered The Agency." The former student smiled.

"It is also because of Haraya's influence that we were fear by many." One of the former students of Haraya chuckled.

"What the bloody hell are you all spouting about? Nonsense! You all manage to do what you did because of your talent as a killer. It wasn't because of me." I was surprised to see Haraya finally conscious.

"You fucker! I thought you wouldn't wake up!" I said while hitting her shoulder. Her former students were surprised that I treated their former instructor as such.

"You're the first person that still alive after hitting our former instructor like that. What was your secret?" Kylie asked.

"My secret?" Hmmm.

"Love? Your former instructor loves me. This woman killed anyone who tried to forbid her from finding me. Don't you have anyone who you like to protect in this lifetime?" I asked Haraya's former students.

"Love you say. If that's the case, would that be my weakness in the end? Love does make you stronger, but it also has the power to weaken you. That's what a former instructor once said. What changed your mind, ma'am?" Kylie asked. Haraya didn't say anything for a while.

"It has become my weakness. But-," Haraya suddenly turned to face me.

"Last night, I saw the woman I love marched out from the safety of the house. I provided her just to kill the ones who hurt me. I guess my weakness just became the reason for me to continue living." Haraya faces her former students.

"I guess it's time for you guys to find that person who you're willing to protect. Perhaps it will be your reason to continue fighting against this cruel world. I found mine, and I want my student to find theirs as well." Was it just me of Haraya just sound like a wise individual towards her former students?