Chapter 5 | Mirella

THIRD PERSON POV

"How many times do we have to change cars so that I can go to the banquet?" Mirella asked one of her bodyguards when they finally arrived at The Academy's vicinity.

"It is for your safety, princess. Daddy's gone. So your cousin is taking his place to make sure you're safe from the killing machine." Mirella scoffed.

"Are you forgetting that you're talking with the same woman who killed one of the deadliest drug Lord in this country? Or should I just say it out loud?" The rest of the bodyguards giggled.

"Yes, we are well aware. But we also know that the only reason why you killed Lord Mika because he was in a trance by your naked body. We read your report, princess. It was smart of you to use your wits to seduce him." Mirella shrugged her shoulder.

"Well, Lord Mika is probably the easiest for you, but right now, we're facing someone far deadlier than Lord Mika. This woman- Haraya, is different. The only reason why I have to use this prosthetic arm is because of that woman." Mirella sighed.

"How did that happen?" Mirella asked.

"That woman used a saw while interrogating me. Because I decided to keep my mouth shut, she saw my arm off." Mirella's eyes widen.

"Haraya- did that?" The man nodded.

"Haraya's likes a slow, simple death for her enemies- hence the dagger she always carries around. But when she gets serious, even her fist is deadly. Don't let that weak physique fool you. Her agility is no joke. By the way, I don't know why the new head even dares to continue hosting this banquet even after what happened to the elders. What is going on inside his head, princess?" Mirella shrugged her shoulder.

When the car stops in front of the main entrance, the bodyguards were the first to got out of the car and made sure that the coast is clear from any kind of disturbance. Once they're convinced, Mirella got out of the vehicle while being escort by the leader of her security personnel.

"This is my first time going to a banquet with someone. You're lucky to be my first." The man blushed before shaking his head, no.

"I am on duty. Please refrain yourself from sayings such things, princess." Mirella chuckled as they make their way towards the banquet area. Upon entering the room, Mirella couldn't help but be in the center of attention.

"If I had known this is how you deal with your daily life, I would have asked a younger bodyguard to escort you. Now, this sight only ruins your reputation, princess." Mirella giggled.

"It's okay. I like being escort by an older man. They have experienced in this field." Mirella whispered the last part only for her escort to hear.

"Now, let's find that useless cousin of mine. I would like to leave this place as soon as possible." Both Mirella and her bodyguard searched for Andrei among all these esteemed guests.

It wasn't that hard for them since Andrei is with the country's defense minister. And everyone knows who the defense minister is. That minister is one of the most prominent people in this banquet.

***

MIRELLA'S POV

"Oh my. What a surprise to see you here, Mirella." The minister is surprised? Because I'm here at the banquet which celebrates my cousin as the new head? Hmmm.

"I'm even more surprised to see you here, sir. I didn't see you at the funeral, though. Even though I leave before they buried my father, I was long enough to greet the guests." I smiled at the minister. The minister cleared his throat and turned to face Andrei.