Chapter 5

Song of the chapter : I Put a Spell On You by Annie Lennox

Hero's POV

        Last night did not go as planned. How could someone be so mean? And why me?

                                           Why does Draco Malfoy hate me?

        I wake up and get dressed with some extra time to spare. Pansy asks me if I want to get breakfast and I agree. When we get into the great hall Pansy disappears so I stop at the Gryffindor table and sit next to Harry and Hermione.

       "H-hi Hero!" Harry stutters while trying not to choke on his breakfast. Hermione rolls her eyes at him, then turns to smile at me.

            "I haven't seen you guys around much, is everything alright?"

     They both look at each other awkwardly.

        "Everything's alright," Hermione replies. "We probably just have different classes."

         I nod. I was really hoping for some classes with them. They were so sweet to me on the train. And unlike other people, they don't think I'm an awful person for being put in Slytherin.

                            "Well, what's your first class today?" Harry asks me.

                    "I think it's potions with Slughorn."

        Harry's eyes start to glow. "Well look at that! That's my first class too!"

         Once again Hermione rolls her eyes. I sigh in relief, thank Merlin one of them has potions too. I didn't really feel like sitting alone today.

                               "If you want, I can walk with you to class?"

                                             "I'd love that, thank you."

      Before we leave the great hall I grab an orange to snack on. I completely forgot that the whole reason I came in here this morning was to eat. Harry and I make our way to Slughorn's classroom and manage to find two open seats.

            "Potions is my favorite class," Harry tells me. "I'm hoping we learn about something interesting today."

         I hope so too. Potions seems like a fun class. Not saying the other classes aren't fun, they just require a lot of work.

            I pull the orange out of my robe pocket and peel the skin back, separating the fruit into multiple slices. After splitting them up I put a piece in my mouth and offer a slice to Harry.

                       "Ew, oranges." He laughs as I eat another piece.

                         What's wrong with oranges?

                Slughorn enters the classroom and everyone takes their seats. Out of the corner of my eye, I see bright blonde hair. I groan. As badly as I want to look to see if it's actually him, I don't. He can't think I care.

               "Hello everyone, welcome to potions class. My name is Professor Slughorn. I am the new potions master and I'm grateful to be here."

              New potions master? Who was the old one?

             "Today we will be learning about a very powerful potion. Does anyone know what the Amortentia potion does?"