Chapter 21

Song of the Chapter : R U Mine? by Arctic Monkeys

Hero's POV

      It's been a few days since dinner with Draco's parents. Tomorrow night is the death eater event and I already have a dress picked out. Narcissa offered to take me shopping which was really thoughtful. All I have to do now is get through classes today.

       Dark Arts class went alright considering Amycus is the worst teacher to have. Next I have charms, which I'm usually excited for, but Blaise isn't going to be attending today. I guess him and Daphne are skipping.

      I walk into the classroom and take a seat at my normal spot alone. Class is about to start when another Slytherin pulls up a chair beside me.

              "I hope this seat isn't taken." She laughs.

      I smile and make her feel welcome. I've seen her in the common room a few times but we've never actually talked. She looks familiar from somewhere else though...

               "Are you going to the event tomorrow?" She asks me softly.

       I play it off like I don't know what she's talking about and she rolls her eyes. Her sleeve scrunches up and I notice her dark mark.

              "I was at your initiation," She whispers. "I'm Amber by the way."

           "I didn't know there were so many young death eaters." I mutter.

      Amber shrugs her shoulders. Her mouth opens to speak but something hits her shoulder. I turn and see one of the Weasley twins smirking in her direction.

       "I wonder what this event is even for?" Amber thinks out loud while unfolding the note that was thrown her way. She giggles to herself and looks back at Weasley.

        "Anyways, I gotta run. Hopefully we'll get to talk more tomorrow."

           I look at her confused. "Class is about to start though..."

         She looks up at Flitwick and then back at me. "I doubt I will miss anything."

         Before I can tell her goodbye she's already walking out of the room behind the twin.

                   "I hope you all are ready for class today." Flitwick huffs.

       I open my textbook and start copying the notes on the board. As ridiculous as it is, I know The Dark Lord would not be too happy about a death eater being involved with a Weasley. Let's hope the two of them can keep it a secret.

~~

      I got a decent amount of homework done after class. Daphne and Pansy haven't been around much which makes it easier. Draco didn't really mention having plans tonight so I leave the dorms to try and find him. When I get up to the main hallway I'm stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

       "There you are!" I turn around and see Amber standing beside me.

         "You were looking for me?" I laugh out loud.

     She nods. "Want to go get butterbeer with a few friends?"

     I pause for a minute but then realize Draco is probably busy anyways.

                     "Alright, who's all going?"

      "Just some other Slytherins I think." She replies while grabbing my hand and dragging me out the front door.