Chapter 10

Song of the Chapter : This Side of Paradise by Coyote Theory

Hero's POV

     A week has passed and it's the day of the Masquerade. I barely got any sleep last night, Daphne had to make sure everything was perfect before going to bed. A few days ago Blaise finally asked her to go with him.

           "What if his suit doesn't match my dress properly?" Daphne complains.

        "It probably won't," I giggle. "But it's okay Daph, you're going to look amazing regardless."

    She lets out a sigh. Pansy and I haven't talked since The Three Broomsticks. She ended up getting asked to the dance by Theodore which I don't think she was happy about. I offered to take her as friends but she just laughed in my face.

     "I can't believe you're actually going alone." Pansy scoffs.

  I just ignore her remarks. Deep down she's a sweet girl, it sucks boys have to get in the way of that.

"Can we start getting ready yet?!" Daphne shouts from across the room.

                        It's 10am.

       I drag myself out of bed and head over to my wardrobe. Inside the green dress still hangs. Even though I won't say it out loud, I can't wait to put it on.

                "Hero come help me with my hair!"

      I set the dress beside my bed and follow Daphne to the bathroom. Seeing my best friend this happy makes my heart warm. She deserves all of the happiness in the world.

    I still don't know where the dress came from but I'm so glad it showed up at my window. Even if I am going alone I know it's going to be a night to remember.

~~

     Don't open your eyes yet!" I snap at Daphne.

      She's standing in the corner of the room covering her face and giggling obnoxiously. Pansy got ready quickly and disappeared but she looked really beautiful. Her dress was a plum shade of purple with lots of detailing on the top.

      Daphne's dress is definitely my favorite

      Daphne's dress is definitely my favorite. The all-white does an amazing job accentuating her features.