Chapter 17

Song of the Chapter :  i love you by billie eilish

Draco's POV

        "Get up you git, it's the first day back and Hero is probably waiting."

I roll over and rub my eyes. Blaise is standing over me with a pillow ready to attack. Before he can I pull myself out of bed.

"I still have like five minutes until class starts, I'll be just fine."

He rolls his eyes and leaves the room. I quickly brush my teeth and hair, then put on the cologne Hero always talks about. While putting my clothes on I notice that Nott is still asleep. If he wasn't a twat I would tell him he's going to be late.

I rush to put my robe on then grab my textbooks for today's classes. Today is not only the first day back, but the first day with the new Dark Arts teacher. Thankfully, I have this class with Hero, I'd hate for her to be in there alone.

Once I get to the great hall I see Hero sitting with Daphne and Blaise. When I get to the table I stand behind her and place my hands on her shoulders.

"Finally, you're here." Daphne says dramatically. "Wait until you hear about the morning Hero had."

I look at her confused then look down at Hero who has an irritated look on her face.

"Fucking Pansy!" She huffs. "She told McGonagall I attacked her for no reason! Now I have a week of detention."

I try to hide my laughs but can't help myself. Hero elbows me in the stomach.

"You did hit her..."

"Yeah, well she asked for it!" Hero shouts.

Daphne interrupts, "Let's just get to class guys."

The two of them stand up and I follow them to class. When we get there, Amycus is standing at the front writing things on the board. Daphne and Hero take their seats at the front and I sit with Crabbe.

"Is it true, about you and Green?" Crabbe whispers.

I ignore him. He sighs then puts his face in his textbook.

"Good morning everyone. I am Amycus Carrow, your new Dark Arts teacher."

Amycus is a death eater also. I know there's a reason why he was chosen to teach at Hogwarts, and it can't be good.

"Now, does anyone know what Sectumsempra does?"

Hero slowly raises her hand and he nods for her to speak.

"It cuts the target and causes severe suffering." Hero replies.

Amycus narrows his eyes at her and tilts his head. "What is your name, witch?"

"Hero Green, sir."

He smiles. "You know, your father invented this curse." Hero nods.

The whole class is silent. Not everyone knew about Snape being her dad, but that just changed.

Amycus whispers something to Hero and I can see her jaw clench. When he leans back the look on his face is absolutely disgusting. Daphne looks back at me worried and I wait for Hero to do the same but she just stares ahead. When I look back up to him he gives me a chilling smile, then continues with class.

Once Amycus turns to the board I see Hero dig around in her bag. She pulls out her quill and starts writing. He turns around to speak, then once again turns back. Hero turns and throws a paper bird in my direction. I quickly catch it before Amycus sees.