Chapter 9

Song of the Chapter : Cut my Lip by X Lovers

Hero's POV

        I didn't know Draco was coming tonight and I'm not quite sure why he did. From what I've gathered he doesn't like spending time with us. It's nice to see him out, though.

        The three of us sit down at the table with the boys and order drinks. Pansy takes a seat beside Draco but quickly moves after he throws a fit.

               "I see the sexual tension between Snape and Sprouts!" Daphne laughs.

                     "That's disgusting, Daph." Blaise interrupts.

     We continue to talk but the whole time I'm waiting for Draco to say something. Usually, by now, he's butting in with something negative. When I look over at him he's just staring down at the floor picking his fingers.

                     "I think I'm going to head out, you guys are boring."

        Draco grabs his coat and heads towards the door. I look back at Daphne who is signaling me to follow. Before he's completely gone I race up to the front and tap his shoulder.

        He turns and looks down at me. For a moment I don't say anything, I just look at him. He isn't smiling but he also isn't glaring at me as usual.

                               It's just him.

            "Hey, thanks for buying everyone's drinks." I say to him.

    He continues to stare at me, almost like he's trying to say something but doesn't know how.

                        "You should hang out with us more often."

    Draco runs his hand through his hair, I watch each piece slowly fall back into its place.

                                            Say something real, please.

                     "Have a good rest of your night, Green."

      He leaves before I can say anything else and I feel my heart sink a little.

     I go back to the table and take a seat beside Pansy who does not look happy to see me.

                             "Is everything alright?" I ask her.

    She laughs out loud. Her eyes focus on every flaw on my face.

           "Why does he want you?" She snaps. "I've been trying to get with him for years and now he wants you?"

          My eyes get big. Everyone at the table pretends to drink their beer in hopes of not getting dragged in.

                          "He doesn't want me Pansy I-"

                "Just piss off, Green!" She interrupts. "I hope he breaks your heart too."

      I try to reply but she stomps off. Still completely in shock, I turn to everyone, who is still pretending not to notice, and wait for an explanation.

             "I think she heard about him smelling you in the Amortentia." Daphne explains.

        "And come on, Hero. It's obvious there's definitely some tension." Blaise adds.