Chapter 28

Song of the Chapter : O Children by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Hero's POV

Most of the summer has been Draco and I staying inside. It's nice, I like reading books with him and baking with his mum. But Daphne sent an owl saying her and Blaise are going camping and want company. I've always loved nature, but Draco on the other hand...

"I don't want to go camping!" Draco whines.

"You are such a baby." I laugh. "It'll be good for you to get sun."

Draco turns to me. "Don't act like you're not Snow White."

He's not wrong. "Please go with us. For me?"

I move closer to him and look up with puppy dog eyes. "Please?"

Draco lets out a heavy sigh. "Fine. I'm only agreeing because doing it in a tent is on my bucket list."

"You're gross." I roll my eyes and start packing.

~~

After an hour drive we arrive at the location Daphne wrote in the letter. I was expecting to be actually sleeping in tents but in front of us is a small cabin.

"Took you long enough!" Daphne races out the front door. I give her a big hug and wave to Blaise who joins beside her.

"I thought we were camping?" I ask confused.

"Ew, like in tents?" Daphne gags. "My dad just bought this place and said I could use it."

"Thank Merlin." Draco mutters while heading inside.

The place is absolutely stunning. It's not like your average cabin, there's definitely a Victorian theme present. The walls are light grey and the floors are a beautiful black wood. The furniture is extremely old fashioned, but in a good way. 

"Daphne, this place is amazing."

She nods in agreement and I let out a chuckle. Draco takes our bags to one of the bedrooms. I take a seat in the living room beside the fireplace.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Blaise hands me a drink.

I put it up to my nose and smell the strong scent of whiskey. Usually, I don't drink. I would much rather be completely and totally aware of things happening around me. But this is like a mini vacation.

Daphne takes a seat beside Blaise and I. "There's a really nice swimming hole behind the house. It's pretty at night."

"That actually does sound fun." Draco interrupts. "We can bring drinks and music."

I pull Draco down on the couch next to me and plant a kiss on his cheek. "That does sound fun."

"Then it's settled!" Blaise hops off the sofa. "I'll make more drinks."

Daphne exits and I follow Draco to our room. Neither of us packed bathing suits. I rummage through my things trying to find something that'll make do.

"You better not wear undergarments out there." Draco snaps.

I roll my eyes. "Then what am I going to wear?"

He takes his shirt off and throws it over my head. The smell of his cologne fills my nose.

"You're welcome."