Chapter 33

Song of the Chapter : Ride by Lana Del Ray

Draco's POV

       When I asked Hero if she was going to make me go again this year I was messing around. School dances really aren't that bad. After all, last year's ball kind of started everything with her and I.

      "I feel like we just did this not too long ago." Zabini struggles to make his tie even.

       I let out a chuckle. Time has gone really fast, it does feel like this just happened.

                 "Could you help me with this, Malfoy?"

        "I'm actually enjoying watching you struggle with it." I snicker.

          He lets out a heavy sigh and leaves the room to find the other boys. As soon as I take a seat on the sofa I hear a knock on the door. Slowly I get back up and see who's there.

               "Potter?" I say surprised.

        He smiles awkwardly. "Hey, Malfoy. Hermione said you needed some help-"

          "I don't need help?" I reply confused. "I think the girls just want us to spend more time together.

          Potter laughs out loud. "Well, I guess I'll just be on my way then."

          I pause for a moment, but then signal him to enter the room. Part of me feels guilty for speaking to him knowing that his life is about to end. But like I keep saying, there's nothing I can do. I guess I'd rather spend as much time with him as possible before it's too late.

                 "Do you have a date to the dance?" I ask.

          He nods his head. "Amber. Her boyfriend can't be here so I offered to take his place."

          I run my hand through my hair. Amber is still with the Weasley brother. Clearly, she didn't learn her lesson the night at Malfoy Manor. If The Dark Lord finds out I'm not saving the day a second time.

            "Are you excited to see Hero's dress?"

        I snap back to reality. "Yeah, she wouldn't let me see it for some reason."

              Potter laughs to himself then the room gets quiet.

                "You're really lucky, you know."

        Normally, if Potter were to say that to me I would say something rude back. But I know he's right. I am really lucky. I don't know why Hero is with me, I think about it every day.

             "I know." I smile slightly. "She's the best."

Hero's POV

         I turn into the restroom and all of the girls stare at me. For a second I'm confused but then remember my dress is red and they all are wearing black or white.

           "This was a bad idea." I whisper to Hermione.

          She rolls her eyes. "No, it wasn't. You look incredible."

         "And they all had the option to go against the rules" Amber huffs. "They just chose not to."

         They're both right. Even though everyone is giving me weird looks, I feel extremely attractive. I can't stop thinking about what Draco is going to say...