Chapter Eleven

Jamies P.O.V
As soon as we disembarked from the Jolly Rodger Jessica turned to Dad and Gibbs.
"There's a tavern down the street. Take the crew and will and Elizabeth and you guys can go knock yourselves out." Jess suggested, knowing she could tempt Dad with Alcohol. Dad chuckled
"I'll drink to that." he agreed before him and Gibbs wandered down the cobble street looking for the hustle and bustle of a tavern. With the end of the conversation, Jess and I walked in the opposite direction "Where are we going, Jess?" "You'll see"

*Time skip*

The ends of Jessicas Ebony hair fluttered in the breeze as I took in the picturesque view of the ground below us as we slowly strolled up the incline of the mountain. I slowed my footsteps and fell behind slightly to admire the view with Jess in it.
"-are you even listening?!" She turned around and glared.
"What? No." I said without hesitation.
"Oh for goodness sake! I'll start again." She sighed as I sped up to walk beside her.
"As I was saying, Neverland gets its magic from a little thing called The Heart of All Magic. Every magical thing, even the soil that makes up the ground, is influenced by the power it holds. If something was to happen to it, magic here would stop working, poof, gone." I was silent for a moment before I asked something completely unrelated
"What happened when Pan cut your fathers hand off?"
She smirked and looked ahead.
"Well. The sun was setting over skull Rock, close to where my father had dropped anchor. We were all winding down for the night and yet again, my father was scanning his maps and charts for a way to leave this island as he had since my mother died. That's when out behind skull Rock, Peter Pan rocketed onto the ship, before anyone could gather their bearings. That when I heard it. The squelching splinter of steel through flesh and bone and my father's left hand was sliced clean off by Peters dagger." She stopped for a moment.
"I spent the rest of the night tying and retying pieces of cloth around where his hand used to be." She looked up at me.
"And do you know what the bastard did afterwards? He threw the severed hand at a crocodile-" she shuddered at the word "-that was in the water nearby. The scaly beast licked his lips and swallowed it in a single gulp, it liked the taste of him so much that it eternally follows my father with its intolerable ticking, hoping for another peice of him. Pan then laughed, yelled that he did it as a dare from the lost boys, and flew away!" She finished, yelling in anguish. I raised my eyebrows
"Well. I for one didn't know it was like that. How awful for you." I sympathised as best I could.
"I suppose I'm somewhat grateful in a way. When my father lost his hand, it gave him a reason to stay here. To avenge what he lost and to kill Pan. I dont know much about what my father was like before my mother died, but Mr Smee told me that he changed, every time he looks at me he sees part of her. And it kills him."
"Well what about your parents? How did they...?" I trailed off in my question. She laughed for a moment.
"How did they what?" She asks with mock innocence.
"How did they...Fall in love?" I asked.
"My Father met my mother in a park in London on the Mainland, just after he graduated from Eton. She was disobeying direct orders from the Queen and she split from the group." She began.
"But I thought full blooded faries are small?" I questioned.
"No. They can be human sized if they want to be. Just like I can be fairy sized if I want to." She corrected me.
"As I said, they met and, I dont really know how it happens but, they fell in love I suppose. She brought him here, they somehow got a ship, the Jolly Rodger, probably from the Fairies, and gathered themselves a crew. Thats when she became pregnant with me... And died bringing me into this world." She finished with a forlorn expression that quickly disappeared. She tapped the hilt of her sword.
"This was hers. They made it specially for her back in Pixie Hollow." She smiled.
"So, your mother was a pirate fairy?" I asked.
"Yes, she was." She said plainly.
"And so am I."

Jessicas P.O.V

My calfs burned as I stepped forwards up the mountain. Jamie was silent beside me before she piped up
"Jess?"
"Yeah?"
"What did you mean when you said you don't know how it happens to fall in love?"
"..." I was silent.
"Have you ever been in love?" I asked tentatively.
"Yes..."
"What does it feel like?" I questioned
"Well... Its like, you meet someone and you just know, you get a weird jumpy feeling some would describe as butterfly's all over you and you get all hot and flustered and you just... want them so badly." She spieled. I felt my blood run cold for a moment before my heart began to race ten to the dozen. '...Well at least I know I'm not dying...' I thought. I was silent as the heat enveloped my cheeks and neck.
"...interesting." I barely squeaked.