Chapter Twelve

No P.O.V

It was the next night and the two girls were both preparing for the ball. One eagerly brushed her hair into cascaiding ebony waves as thoughts and feelings of excitement, nervousness and slight unease zapped around her electric mind and the other scowled at her reflection in the mirror as she peered upon her chestnut coloured hair which had been taken out of the dreadlocks and put half into a loose bun and the other half left to hang in waves. She quietly sighed as another knot of anxiety bubbled to her surface, yet amongst the nerves was threaded a streak of exitement. The other girl hadn't seemed to notice as she had her leg propped up on her bed with the skirts of her red silk gown pulled just above and was strapping a dagger to her thigh. Jamie sighed louder and turned to Jessica
"Its a Fairy Ball. What are you afraid of or is there something you haven't told me?" She questioned. Jessica laughed, her laugh sounding soft.
"You are right. It is a fairy ball and there's nothing to worry about, just a necessary precaution if a certain idiotic boy decides to make some kind of move on me" she concluded.
"What? So you are just going to stab him if he does?"
"Well I tried before..." Jessica replied elusively.
(Disclaimer: pls do not stab people, just because this is what Jessica would do does not mean we condone knife crime in any way shape or form. Please handle your problems responsibly)
"I highly doubt it"
Jamie sighed, smiling as she went back to the mirror.

Jamie had been suprised by the softness of the dress. She had assumed the silk was rough and itchy but this dress was nothing like she had imagined.
"Its made from butterfly-wing silk." Jessica had explained as she swished around the small cabin in layers of the Ruby coloured fabric. There was tension and the both of them could sense it. The kind of tension? Neither were sure but it was there lurking. Tension created the night prior in the very same room. Both of the girls had some sense of their own feelings but not the full extent of their emotions regarding the other. So for now they just had to make do with the many words going unspoken until something else happened.

Jessica had been with the fairies for most of the afternoon, she had only returned at sunset with the ballgowns and an invite for Jack, leaving Jamie all the time in the world to think and remember the night prior and its antics and discreetly clue her dad in on it.
"I did something stupid" Jamie stated taking her place at the side of Jack by the helm.
"What does that mean?" Jack enquired.
"I kissed Jess."
He was silent and shocked at first, but then he began to chuckle.
"In what context?"
"In the context that I said she needed kissing lessons if she was going to dance with pan at the ball and we made a bet and she lost the bet so I gave her the lesson as an excuse to kiss her, context. I dont actually expect him to kiss her though." She said without taking a breath.
"Well Why is that stupid?" Jack pressed looking over to jamie slightly "Because. Shes going to dance at the ball with pan and she would never like me"
"did she kiss back?"
"Yes...." jamie muttered in reply before suddenly snapping
"But I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it!" Before she promptly walked away.

Now they were stepping into the ballroom, well, it wasn't a ballroom. More like the flat top of the trunk of a large oak tree covered by a canopy of leaves. The tree itself was dusted with golden sparkles of pixie dust that somehow gotten spilled over every inch of pixie hollow. Splashes of every colour covered the room in the form of ballgowns sweeping the floor. Jamie exhaled slowly and took in the beauty of her surroundings. It was like a daze, like a cloud of calm, as if the whole room was moving in slow motion. That shattered when Jack spoke behind her.
"So like... are we in a tree? Like an actual tree?" He squawked in disbelief. Jamie laughed out loud at his brashness.
"Yes. An actual tree." Jessica confirmed for Jack as he and Jamie shared a look. Instruments of weird and wonderful shapes were being played by fairies, instruments far more interesting and advanced than the simple tavern banjo that Jamie and seen often.

Jessica slowly drew back to be right beside Jamie
"Not what you expected?" She questioned
"Ha... no not really" Jamie replied, looking down and resting her hand on the back of her neck.
"Well..." Jessica began, looking up at Jamie through her eyelashes, heat radiating from her cheeks.
"...The dancing starts soon, so would you join me?" She finished slowly. Jamie looked at her wide-eyed and nodded before smiling shyly and taking Jessicas outstretched hand as the music began to start. Jessica gently guided Jamie closer so that there was but an inch between the two of them and intertwined their fingers as they fell into the familiar rhythm of the waltz. There were no words to be spoken as Jamie gazed into Jessica's familiar blue and brown irises, her heart fluttered as she swore Jessicas pupils dilated the slightest bit when she noticed Jamie staring, so to break the tension, Jamie decided to speak.
"Why aren't you in your fairy form?" She asked quietly. This seemed to break Jessica from her trance. She blushed before replying
"I just didn't want you to feel awkward, being one of two without wings." She bit her lip and looked down at the floor as she danced. Jamies insides fluttered and her stomach dropped slightly, goosebumps suddenly littered her arms and her neck became tinted a light pink as tingles ran through her body. All that clouded her mind was the look on Jessicas face as she bit her lip and god did Jamie find it hot as hell and it only made her crave Jessica more. But her cool collected exterior remained despite the slight pink tinge to her neck as she continued the conversation.
"So... How did you get that invite for Jack?" Jamie asked. Jessica giggled
"It took alot of..." she looked across the room to the Queen
"...pestering" She laughed, remembering what she'd done to get it.

The waltz was over as quick as it had started and soon enough, Peter Pan swaggered over to the duo as the music quietened and stopped
"I believe Captain Jessica..." he  mocked
"...that you promised me a dance." Jessica huffed in annoyance at the reminder.
"Yes" she replied harshly. All of Jamies previous rapture was swept away and replaced with feelings of frustration and jealousy. She glared at pan and removed her hand from Jessicas.
"I'll be over there okay?" She forced out trying to sound as gentle as she could. Jessica nodded before Jamie swept away over to Jack as the music began again.

Jamie and Jack waltzed slowly the music Playing and Jamie kept a keen
eye on Jessica who was dancing with Peter pan. Its not that she didnt trust Jess, it was pan who she didnt trust. The boy was like a mouse after cheese. He would do anything in his power to make Jessica his but Jamie wouldnt let that happen. "You arent even listening to me are you, little bird?" Jack sighs "huh? No sorry. What did you say?" Jamie asks, coming out of her dazed state. "It doesnt matter. You, need to loosen up a bit missy. Jessica is a smart lass, she wouldnt do anythin dumb" Jack said trying to assure his daughter as her eyes were still trained on Peter Pan who had his hands on Jessicas waist but a little too low for Jamies liking. She was once again pulled from her thoughts, litterally this time, by Jack pulling her over to a wooden bar with small mushroom stools. "Honestly. I dont trust pan. He is like a bloody mouse after cheese." Jamie sighed, stitting so her back was lent against the bar and Jack follows suit. "I understand that. Especially after last time." Jack admits. "Dont remind me. I thought Ben was a good guy then he goes and cheats on me with my best friend and i dropped those bitches quicker than i dropped the anchor when we went to fight barbossa." Jamie laughs resting her head on Jacks shoulder. "I still can't believe that little Bilge Rat. I still want to tie him to the anchor and drop it with him on it." Jack grumbles "dad. It was like four years ago." "I know but-" "-hold that thought" jamie growls jumping from her seat and storming over to Jess and Peter Pan.

Jamie gripped Pans shoulder before roughly pulling him away from Jess and pushing him by both his shoulders. "Is that your hands on my girlfriend?" Jamie growls "I dont know what you-" "-dont lie to me! I saw what you were doing" Jamie hisses cutting Pan off and slowly aproaching him. "You cant say anything. You were all over that boke!" Pan hissed. As she moved forward he moved back until he was against a wall with a sword against his throat and a gun at his temple "if i see you with your hands on her like that again you wont come out alive and for your information that bloke is my dad" Jamie threatened with a hiss before slowly dragging her sword down his arm just enough to peirce the skin slightly. Suddenly she was pulled away from pan and Jack locked her hands behined her back and made her drop her sword and gun "thats enough Jamie." Jack growled taking Jamie out of the party scene and outside and far enough away from the tree before letting his grip on her hands go only for her to colapse to the floor with her head in her hands and sobs to start shaking her body. "What happemed little bird?" Jack asked sitting infromt of Jamie, lifting her face and brushing her hair out of it. "I-I dont know. Sudden anger just rushed through me and i had no control over my actions." Jamie sobbed and Jack sighed before pulling her into him and hugging her.