One

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!"

I shouted over the noise of the loud music. 

I couldn't believe I had just spilled my drink over someone.

That someone was a young, goodlooking man in his twenties, with styled brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He was really pleasing to look at, I must say.

"Yeah, uh, no problem. I'm sure you have a washing machine that can wash out the cocktail you just spilled over me. I mean we could just go to your place."

Oh sweet Jesus. He seems to think his looks are enough to keep me from hearing the most ridiculous pick up line the universe has ever heard. Does that line actually ever work?

"Ah yeah, of course. And while we are waiting, we could get to know each other? Since you would already be shirtless in my appartment."

The handsome stranger looked at me with narrowed eyes, then he smiled defeated.

"I just beat you to your point, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you totally did"

His impressive ocean blue eyes smiled at me, then he playfully implied a bow.

"The name's Kirk. James Tiberius Kirk."

I couldn't help but burst out in laughter.

"Tiberius? Seriously?"

His eyes widened and he raised his hands defeated.

"Don't look at me like that, it wasn't my choice!"

When he's right he's right. Also he seemed to not compltetely lack a brain, since his comebacks were somewhat witty.

"I'm so sorry, you're totally right. Well, Kirk, James Tiberius, my name is Sarah Ombria."

"Nice to meet you, Sarah Ombria"

"Likewise"

He paused for a second, knowing, that his chances of taking me home tonight were close to zero. But then he seemed to change his mind.

"Now, would you like a replacement for that drink you so generously spilled all over me?"

Oh my, what a gentleman. I could make it easy for him.. but nah, that wouln't be half the fun.

"Uhm no, thank you. I'll just suck it out of your shirt."

I smiled the most innocent smile I could possibly form on my lips and fought against the laughter after seeing his jaw drop in utter confusion.

"I'm sorry, what?"

You can do this Sarah, just a minute longer. Keep a straight face. I mean look at him! So adorable!

"Yeah I mean, have you seen the prices? It would be such a waste of money!"

His brialliant blue eyes narrowed and I could almost see his brain working behind his beautiful face.

"You are playing me"

Finally, I could laugh out loud and lose the innocent smile.

"of course I am! I'm not gonna suck my cocktail out of your shirt!"

James also started to laugh and I could see the tension leave his body.

"I'm actually kinda glad to hear that"

He sighed with relief and ran his fingers through his hair.

I looked at him amused

"I really got you there for a moment, didn't I"

He bit his lip, then he replied

"Let's just forget about that"

Ha yeah dream on, as if I would ever let that one go.

I just smiled at him

He grabbed my hand and started to fight his way through the crowd towards the bar

"Hey, Todd, could you mix my new friend here a Cardassian Sunrise?"

"You got it, Jim!"

"Wait, you know the barkeeper?"

"Of course he does, he's here every night after all", Todd beat Jim to the draw and handed me my cocktail.

Kirk turned his attention to the filled dance floor that was lighted by neon lights.

A Playboy out of the books, as it appears.. He's probalby looking for a new girl to hook up with

"Let me guess, he's reliable with the ladies?" I used my fingers to suggest inverted commas regarding the reliable.

"Yeah, he is. But he overestimated himself this time, if you ask me"

I raised an eyebrow at Todd

"What makes you say that?"

He just started to grin

"Well, for starters, you got a brain."

I laughed at that answer, which led Jim to turn his attention back at us

"What are you two laughing at?", he asked in confusion

Todd and I exchanged knowing glanzes, before I faced Jim with a sweet smile

"Nothing"

Obviously unsure what to do, the young man leaned his back against the bar, to observe the crowd

I followed his suit and we watched the dancing people, drinking our cocktails.