Thirteen

Sarah POV

I was on my way to my assigned room, when a Cadet came toward me.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant Ombira, you've been assigned  new room. May I show you the way?"

"Yes, of course" I gave him a light smile, then followed him to my new room

"Here you go, Lieutenant."

"Thank you"

Should I be surprised by the fact that the room was on the other side of the floor and thus as far away from the Captain's Quarters as possible? Probably not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I had finished unpacking my stuff and my clothes, I decided to take a stroll around the ship, hoping to run into a familiar face. Well, except one, of course.

I was in luck, since I ran into Uhura and Sulu.

"Hii, it's so good to have you on board!"

Sulu hugged me

"We don't really have time, we'e about to take off, do you want to come to the bridge with us?"

"Uh oh no, I'd rather not. I'm actually trying to find out what I'm onboard for, you know..."

"My guess is that you are here to protect us in case something like Krall ever happens again"

Sulu shurgged

"Uhm, okay, that sounds reasonable. But what I do until then?"

"Not stand in our way"

Captain Kirk's cold voice made me shiver. I immediatly stood to attention and stepped aside.

"Sir, yes, Sir"

I even saluted him.

He just walked past, not paying any further attention to me.

When he was gone, Uhurua and Sulu looked at me in disbelief about what they had just witnessed.

My eyes started to fill up with tears.

"Sarah.."

Uhura spoke softly.

"No, please don't. I just..."

I left, not being able to talk without crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhura POV

Oh this poor girl!

Sulu looked at me, waiting for an explanation

"Well the short version is that Jim kissed her, then ran away, she went to talk to him. That's all I know"

"I guess the talking didn't go so well..."

"Yeah, obviously"

We started to walk towards the elevator.

"What do you think happened?"

"Well, my guess is that Jim is in love for the first time in his life and got scared"

Sulu shrugged his shoulders. I thought about what he just said

"That's just wrong"

"Why? Because she loves him too and it could have been a happy ending?"

"Yeah, obviously"

We both laughed, but then he looked at me seriously.

"What do we do about it?"

"Wait for Jim to come to his sences and drink a lot of wine with Sarah in the meantime"

"Sounds good to me"

We entered the cockpit and took our places.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah POV

Running through the Enterprise, I was searching for one person. Scotty. My first thought had been Chekov, but since he was on the bridge, Scotty was the obvious choice.

I found the machine room by following the noice of the Beastie Boys. I had only heard little about Jaylah, but one of the things everyone mentioned was her love for the Beastie Boys.

"Oh eyyy if it isn't my favorite crewmate!"

Scotty screamed over the loud music.

"Don't tell Jim that!", I yelled back

"What?!"

I threw my hands in the air.

"I can't hear you!"

Yeah, no kidding...

Suddenly, the music stopped, and a young woman appeared from behind one of the control boards.

"Sorry, I like the beats and shouting." I grinned

"Yeah, so I've heard"

Scotty came over to join the conversation

"What is it that you said just there?"

"Oh just that you shouldn't let Jim know I'm your favorite Crewmate"

I smiled, so did Scotty

"I hate the guy"

"Of course you do", I tried to keep my grin going, but I couldn't quite do it.

"Is everything okay?"

"No, nothing is okay..."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'd rather just sit here and spent time with you and Jaylah"

"You heard her, Montgomery Scotty. Let's get to work!"

Yep, I had made the right choice by coming here.