Seven

After Admiral Pike had explained everything about his new program to me, we agreed that I would finish my training and then be transferred to Star Fleet as an Instructor.

I had made my way to Kirk's flat and we decided to use the evening to come together and spend some time in the Academy's bar.

It felt very good to be sitting with Jim, Bones, Chekov and Sulu, who I got to know throughout the evening. Uhura and Spock joined us later. I was surprised for a second, but then I just felt happy for Nyota.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven months later I had finished my training and was distinguished as class best and one of the best graduate. When I told my best friend about my graduation with honors, he just laughed and said that he had never doubted that.

I started working for Star Fleet, which had established a concealed self- defense and weapons class following the events of the past year.

Joining this program as an Instructor was the best choice I had ever made, it gave me the opportunity to help the Cadetts defend themselves if needed. I also spent every free second they could spear with my friends, although they were in Space quite often.

Uhura and I had quickly become besties, with Kirk of course still at the top rank. Spock and her unfortunately had quite the ups and downs in their relationship, but I helped her through it all and they managed to stay together most of the time.

Bones and Jim still were a peace of work, driving each other and everyone around them a little mad even though most of the time I felt the urge to grab some popcorn and just enjoy the show.

Sulu and I had a very unique relationship, since I was not his coworker. It didn't take long for me to figure out he was totally into men. He wasn't ready to adress the topic,and that was totally okay with me. The problem was that the others always made fun, questioning whether I was with Sulu oder Chekov. Pavel always went completely red when that topic came up, Hikaru just always laughed and told everyone how much he loved me. I laughed, too, knowing he meant as a brother.

Talking about Chekov, he's the sweetest friend anyone could aks for. He's so loyal, caring and smart. If he was older then yeah, maybe I would fall for him, but since he was only 18, he was more of a little brother to me.

Now that I think about it, we would make quite the weird family... McCoy being the single Dad, Uhura and Jim being the old siblings, always fighting and arguing. Sulu and me, the middle kids, holding the family together. Chekov, the genius little brother.

Jeah let's not talk about that ever again, that's just weird.

Then of course there's Scotty, the newest member of our circle of friends. The cheerful Scot really makes evenings at the bar very interesting. He always tries to drink everyone under the table and since we are all not getting younger, that always ended in quite the hangover...