eight

I had just returned from a mission in space, when I already made my way towards the graveyard. I was walking directly towards the grave of Admiral Pike. I still couldn't believe, what had happened to him. 

I just stood there, grieving for the great man he had been, when my communicator rang.

"This is Ombria"

"Sarah? Sarah you have to come to the hospital right now"

Bones

"What why?" Panick began to climb up my chest

"It's Jim. Just... just hurry"

I started running even before Bones could hang up.

"Sarah?"

I only heard Mccoy's voice through a kind of veil. The only thing I could really focus on was Jim. My Jim. Just lying there, not breathing, not smiling, not looking at me with his beautiful ocean eyes.

Just before my legs gave in I could feel arms around me, giving me something to hold on and keeping me steady. When I lay my head in the crook of my rescuers neck, I knew by his smell, that it was Sulu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were sitting just outside Jim's room, Chekov holding my hand, Uhura and Sulu next to us, when Bones and Spock rushed in.

"We think we can save him."

We all jumped out of our chaires.

"Wait what?", Uhura looked at both man surprised.

"Khan's blood has..."

I interrupted Spock impatiently.

"Stop talking, start doing!"

"She has a point", came from Spock

The two men turned around and into Jim's room.

We followed on their heels.

Bones injected Khan's blood into the IV and all we could do now was wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know, maybe it's not going to work.." Bones shoulders slouched over.

I couldn't take it anymore.

"No, Jim, come on!"

I went to his bed and took his hand in mine. Tears started dripping from my eyes.

"Jim, please, come on, you can do this."

Nothing happened.

"Please, Jim, don't leave me!"

I was sobbing all over the place.

But still, nothing happened. I collapsed, my upper body on Jim's, my head in the crook of his neck, crying and sobbing.

Then, suddenly, I could feel a hand on my back, and another on the back of my head.

"Hey shhhh, it's going to be okay"

Jim

I looked up, into the beautiful, christal clear eyes of my best friend.

Out of pure habit, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tight to him.

"Ouch, you're strangling me"

"Sorry, I'm so sorry"

Jim laughed lightly.

"It's okay. Getting strangeled by you is not the worst feeling"

"Yeah okay, he's fine", Bones interrupted us.

"Oh hey guys."

Jim grinned.

Everyone just laughed out of happiness and reliev. There was hugging and laughing and holding hands.