Twelve

Sarah POV

"So he kissed you and then just ran away?!"

Uhura looked at me with big eyes.

"Yeah..." I was tugging at the fabric of my dress, having no idea what to feel or do next.

"So... Did you like it?"

I rolled my eyes at her but couldn't hide a grin

"Well... Jeah"

"A lot?" Uhura wiggled her eyebrows at me

Instead of answering, I threw a pillow at her.

"I'll take that as a yes" Uhura laughed

I got up and started pacing up and down the room.

"The problem is, that that's not the point, as he obviously didn't like it."

I turned to her, watching her reaction.

"You don't know that."

"But why else would he run off?"

The Brunet pressed her lips together in thought.

I let out a loud sigh and ran my fingers through my hair in despair.

"I just don't get what happened..."

"Well, when did things start to go wrong?"

"He told me about your five year mission and I reacted in a bad way and then we hugged and then..."

"And then what?"

"I tried to distance myself from him"

"Because you felt something, when he hugged you. Something you hadn't felt before"

I threw my hands in the air.

"Yes"

"Do you think he felt something, too?"

I didn't know what to say to that, so Uhura went on

"After all, he kissed you yesterday"

"Wait you think..."

"The hugge changed something between the two of you. Your way of dealing with that was to minize contact, which led to him bottling up his confusion and feelings. Seeing you yesterday probably brought up all that and he tried to run, but when you followed him..."

"Oh my god"

There was silence for a moment.

"So what do you wanna do?"

"I have no freakin idea"

I slumped back on the Uhura's bed.

"Why does this all have to be so complicated?"

Instead of an answer, I got a hug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took one last deep breath before knocking on the door of Jim's room.

"Come in"

I opened the door slowly.

Jim only looked at me for a second, then turned his attention back to packing his things.

I waited for a moment, hoping for him to start a conversation, but his body language made it clear to me, that he had no interest in my presence.

"So we're just not gonna talk about it?"

I closed my eyes immediatly after saying this, since I knew it was no way to start up this conversation. Before I could correct my wording, Jim answered

"You mean the fact that you practically unreachable for two and a half years?"

I opened my mouth, wanting to answer to it, but then I closed it again.

"Don't worry, I've got another two and a half years to get used to it."

"I actually wanted to talk about yesterday"

"Ah yes, yesterday. I needed you to shut up, the only way I could think of achieving that was kissing you. I wanted to leave, but you seemed it fit to hold a Starfleet Captain by the wrist without his consent"

At the sound of his voice, I stood attention

"Yes, Sir, apologies for my unacceptable actions, Sir, and bargin in your room like this, Sir. Permission to leave, Sir?"

"Granted" Captain Kirk didn't turn around or look at me

I left the room as quietly and fast as I could, then I started running. I made it around the next corner before leaning against the wall and breaking out in tears.

Suddenly, my communicator beeped. I wiped away my tears and took a deep breath.

"Ombria"

"Lieutenant Ombira, you have been assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise for the remaining time of the deep space mission"

"Understood"

FML