Six

Three days. Three days. Three days.

Nobody has heard from the ships in three days. What does that mean? Are they all dead? Are they just out of reach? Is there something like out of reach for Star Fleet?

I looked at the Screen again. I have to help. I have to get there and help. Do they need help? Possibly. Maybe.

I stood up from the floor. I have to help find my friends. Find Kirk.

With only a few steps I was in my bedroom, throwing clothes in my suitcase.

Then I got my toilet bag from the bathroom and threw it on top of the clothes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Name?"

"Sarah Ombria"

"Okay Sarah, what capabilities do you posess?"

"I can do anything you want me to. I'm good with a computer,but I can also help the Med Bay or whatever you need."

"Would you be okay with working on intersecting signals and then helping out the doctors?"

"Yes, of course, whatever you need"

"Okay so you have to go to the  main hall, then stay on the right, second floor, thrid room to the left"

"Got it"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room was only half full, so I picked a spot at the window. I put on the headset and began to scan for any kind of signal from the missing ships.

While waiting for anything to pop up, I decidet to read the reports again.

Vulcan sent out a distress signal; a lightningstorm in space; secondary fleet with Cadets answered

A lightningstorm in space

Holy shit!

I turned to the computer and changed the scan setting from star fleet to Romulan.

Please let me be wrong about this!

Only a few minutes later, I picked up a transmission and ran it through the translator.

They were headed for earth.

Uhm, okay cool... Stay calm...

I sprang to my feet, transcript in hand, and sprintet to the Supervisor.

"Sir?"

"Do you have something?"

"Yes, I intercepted a Romulan transmission. They are headed for earth"

I handed him the transcript.

He immediatly grabbed his Communicator and called someone.

"The Romulans are headed for earth" was all he said

Then he looked at me

"Very good job"

I smiled for a second, then I made my way down to the doctors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We got it from here, Cadet"

"Please take good care of him"

"We will"

Wait a second

I couldn't believe my ears. I would know that voice anywhere.

"James.Tiberius.Kirk"

I didn't know whether I wanted to shout at him or hug him

Jim turned around, surprised to hear my voice

"Sarah"

He's  alive. He's in one part. You can breath again

A big smile began to form on his lips

"What are you doing here?"

Oh what a genius question

"What I am doing here? Well I don't know? Maybe my best friend said he'd call and never did? And then I called Bones and Uhura and Chekov and nobody answered his freakin phone? And then I see the news about some disaster on Vulcan and how they can't contact you anymore?!"

Jim's smile faded and he walked over to me to hug me tightly.

"I'm so sorry"

I took a deep breath of his smell and immediatly felt better.

Then I lifted my head off his chest and looked up at him.

"What about the others? Are they okay?"

"Yeah, we're all good."

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. The last days have been absolute horror and I was just so relieved they were okay.

I felt my best friend holding me even firmer, softly stroking my back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They were too young to be taken from life, and neither Star Fleet nor their families will ever forget their sacrifice"

Amdiral Pike ended the Memoriam for all the Cadets and Officers and Vulcans who gave their life the last few days.

I was standing next to Captain Kirk, Bones on his other side. Next to me was Uhura, with Spock, Chekov and Sulu. We were all silent, not able to find the words for what had happend.

"You must be Sarah Ombria"

I turned around to find the voice belonged to Admiral Pike.

"Yes, Sir, I am"

"Your Supervisor told me you were to one to intercept the message and also volunteered for the medical team afterwards?"

"Yes, Sir, that is correct"

"And you're also training to be a weapons expert, as Jim tells me?"

of course he did

"That is correct, yes"

"Well, Sarah Ombria, would you be interested in talking a walk? That is you walk and I roll."

I couldn't help but smile at that side note.

"I am working on building a new program for the Cadets and would like to have your input and would like to offer you a job regarding that program"

That sounds very good

"Well, Admiral Pike, lead the way"