19

'You're back?' Sara asked when Quinn and Puck entered the Puckerman house.

'Yes, and we have something to tell you.' Puck said.

'You're pregnant?' Ruth exclaimed.

'No, not yet at least.' Quinn replied smiling at Puck.

The group sat down around the table. 'If you're not pregnant then when do you have to tell us?' Sara asked. 'Are you engaged?'

'No.' Puck replied taking Quinn's hand. 'We lied before. We weren't really together. I ask Quinn to be my fake girlfriend so that you wouldn't worry about me.'

Ruth laughed, so did Sara. 'Honey we know.' The older woman said.

'You too are really bad at pretending to be in a relationship.'

Quinn and Puck looked at eachother. 'Why didn't you say anything?' Quinn asked.

'Because we knew that you'd end up getting together. Soulmates remember.' Ruth explained.

'So I thought I'd give you a little push and I set up that date for you.' Sara said. 'And I knew that it worked because after that date you were like a real couple.'

The couple were shocked to say the least. 'I'm guessing that you two are together now.'

'Yeah we are.'

'It was only a matter of time. I just can't believe it took you twelve years. I thought I'd have at least three nieces or nephews by now.'

'Not yet.' Puck said. 'We talked in the car on the way here and we want to do it right this time. Take things slow.'

Sara rolled her eyes. 'I give it a year.'

Quinn shook her head and laughed.

—-

Quinn and Puck got ready for bed. They were driving back to New York the next morning to start their lives together. Puck was moving into her apartment.

'At least the didn't kill us.' Puck sighed in relief once the pair were in bed. The blonde smiled and looked at the boy. 'What?'

'I'm just, really happy right now.'

He smiled back. 'Me too.'