Epilogue

Neve's POV

Our family makes our way onto the beach, picking out a spot and settling down.

"Amara, you can go play in the water, but you can only go waist deep," I say, wanting to relax in the sun with my wife.

We watch as our ten year old daughter plays in the water, enjoying herself. She always found happiness in the little things.

Her powers started developing when she was nine. She would answer questions we hadn't said aloud, reading our minds unintentionally. She also made a young boy pass out when they held hands, accidentally using her most effective power.

Her strength, agility, and senses are also enhanced, making her the perfect weapon. We are lucky we were able to save her from the Hunters, or else she would have been experimented on all her life.

"Mom! Momma! I saw a little merman!" Amara comes running over to us, her face a look of disbelief. "I heard his thoughts and everything. He thought I was pretty!"

Ember and I look at each other, not believing in merpeople. "Honey, I'm sure you think you saw a merman, but they aren't real," Ember says calmly, trying not to make Amara mad, not wanting to activate any of her powers.

Amara has fairly good control of her powers, but emotions make them more deadly, her losing control easily since she is so young.

"I know what I saw," she mumbles sadly. "I didn't see anything other than his light blue tail, but his thoughts were real."

"Maybe we should call it a day?" I suggest, trying to ease the tension in the air. Amara nods, bummed out.

We pack up all our belongings, each of us carrying something. Amara insisted that she help, carrying a lounge chair in her tiny but strong arms.

"I'm so grateful I got such an amazing family," I start as we all climb into the car. "I love you both so much."

"I love you too, Momma!" Amara shouts from the back.

Smiling back at her, I look to Ember who is in the driver's seat. "I love you, Kitten. Who knew Frost and Flames would work so well together?"

I smile at our code names, taking her hand in mine. I give her a quick kiss before sighing in content. I finally had the family I've always wanted.

-

Hey everyone, thank you so much for reading! This epilogue correlates with my book The Mermaid Queen. The sequel to this book with combine with that book, so I recommend reading it!

I hope you enjoyed my book! -A.P.W