Part 9

Nakama introduced us and the woman let us in. she guided the four of us through a long hallway with dead and emotionless looking kids wearing a uniform that made them look like they were living in a hospital for the ill and not an orphanage. I clung onto Suzu without even noticing it. 

"now in you all go! you'll be signed in by 'THAT'." the woman snarled before leaving us alone in a vast room with a single small desk and a chair that sat a young child around 10 years old. They had a bob haircut. There hair was the color of blood. THAT motioned us to them and began to speak. I honestly couldn't tell by looking at them if they were female or male.

"call me THAT. please fill out this form then I will hand you a room number where you will be staying. please enjoy and endure your stay here as we find amazing homes for you all." I took a sheet of paper from, 'THAT's hand and began filling it out.

Name: Ochako Uraraka
Age: 16
Quirk: Zero Gravity
reason to be checked into the orphanage: My parents were killed by villains and my orphanage was destroyed by a collapse quirk.

I finished and handed the paper back to THAT. they took it and handed me a number card. I looked down at it and read off the number, 6716.

I nod at the child and wait for my friends.
"what number did you get?" I asked Suzu. she smiled warmly at me,
"4516, what about you?" she nodded to my hand which held the number card.
"I got 6716." I say to her.
"that's weird, all of our numbers end in 1 and 6. mine is 5616 and Teruko-chan's is 6816." Nakama said. I thought about the numbers then glanced over at THAT. 

"uh, what's your number card for your room say?" I asked them.
"mine is, 5810" they say. I studied the cards a moment more before realizing that the numbers were a symbol of ourselves. when you spell out our names, O-C-H-A-K-O  is 6 letters then Uraraka is 7 letters. my age is 16 so my number spelled out 6716. 

it was the same for everyone else. Suzu Konya, 4516. Yuriko Nakama, 5616 and Teruko Maruyama, 6816. the only one I wasn't sure of was THAT's number since THAT wasn't their real name. 

"well you should leave now." THAT motioned us to the door. I nodded and took hold of Suzu's arm without even thinking except for the fact that it comforted me.

~time skip 3 days later~

Today was a monday, and my first day at UA. I had gotten into the school for later starters. I was extremely nervous and knew one thing for sure and it wasn't about the school. THE ORPHANAGE WAS LIKE PRISON. I got up in my small cramped room and went to the dusty mirror that never was clean no matter how much I tried to clean it. I straighten my hair out and began to change into my uniform. I would meet Maruyama and Suzu in the hall. Nakama didn't go to actual school she was attending school in the horrible orphanage since she didn't have to socialize with others. I got into the uniform but struggled with the tie. I stepped out with it half made. Maruyama and Suzu were already waiting for me to exit. Maruyama was looking at a book but when Suzu saw me she smiled than giggled.

"let me help you with that tie." She said walking over to me getting real close. I sucked in a gulping breath. my heart pace sped up slightly as the yellow haired girl helped me with my school tie.

"thanks suzu-chan!" I say. she nods and all three of us begin our walk to UA since it was closest then the two of them would walk together to their own school.
as we walked I would try and push the nagging thought that Kana was watching us. as if she was trying to tell me something horrible would happen. it honestly scared me.
we got to school and the other girls walked off into the distance.

Hashimoto kana/Day 736 of being----/Diary of a ---- girl

I tried to help you but it wouldn't help. you will fall into a deep horrible ----------