~8~ Gym

Mom comes in after a minute and shuts the door. She walks over to me and grabs my hand, leading me to the couch. That's weird. She sits down and pulls me down with her, so I'm sitting next to her.

"You heard all of that, didn't you?" She asks, resting her elbows on the top of the couch cushion and putting her head in her hand.

"What are you talking about?"

Mom just raises an eyebrow, saying nothing.

"I was looking through the peep hole," I admit, smiling at her a little. She chuckles slightly and shakes her head.

"Well that didn't work. Instead of speaking privately, the entire floor now knows our business," she chuckles again, leaning back against the couch and closing her eyes for a minute.

"How much trouble am I in for cheating?"

"You're dead," she says without opening her eyes.

I sigh and lean back on the couch myself.

"I'm sorry, momma. I just keep making mistakes," I say, a traitor tear slipping down my cheek.

"Bud. I know you're sorry, but it hasn't stopped you from doing these things. I don't even know who you are right now," she says, still not looking at me. She looks tired—Defeated. She looks like she thinks she's failed.

"What's my punishment for cheating?"

"You're getting spanked again, Liam," she says, finally opening her eyes to look at me.

My eyes immediately fill with tears. "Please mom, I can't—I'm sorry. I can't," I say starting to cry. I'm in so much pain today. I can't handle another one right now.

"I know you can't," she says simply. Not elaborating on it anymore.

"I don't understand."

"I'm not doing it today. Today's Saturday; I'll do it on Monday, before dad comes to take us to dinner. You'll be fine by then."

I sigh quietly. On the plus side, it's not today. That's a huge relief. However, now I have to think about it and stress about it for two days. That's gonna be lovely.

"Is that my only punishment?" I ask, wanting to know how bad this is going to be.

"You know," she says closing her eyes again. "I haven't slept, in.... I don't know, a lot of hours... I'm gonna take a nap for an hour or so...Clear my head. We'll talk about this later. If you want to go somewhere, you're allowed to go to the gym. That's it. Hear me?" She asks, looking at me again.

"Yeah"

She stands up and kisses my cheek before she goes into her room and shuts the door. I sit there for a while, trying to get my head clear. I decide that working out might be a good idea. If I turn on the TV, mom will come out and yell at me. I don't know the technicalities of my grounding, but I don't want to push it right now.

I go change my clothes and then head to the gym. I'm lifting weights, when I suddenly hear Taylor's voice. "Does your mom know you're here?" He asks, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"What's it to you?" I ask annoyed. He isn't my dad. He isn't even my mom's friend. Why's he acting like I owe him an explanation?

He sighs and sits down on the bench next to me. I decide I better sit up; I'm kinda scared of him.

"Where's your mom?" He asks again, ignoring my response.

"Taking a nap. She said I could come here for a bit."