~33~ Hulk Move

It's been a couple of weeks since mom and Taylor's first fight, and all is well again—They're just as stupid in love as ever.

Taylor has given mom a driving lesson, and I don't think it went very well. Both of them went in separate rooms afterwards, and Taylor actually looked a little green—Mom's driving has that effect on most people.

I have my permit now, and Taylor made mom promise him that only he or dad would teach me to drive. Mom agreed, even though she was a little offended. Dad agreed whole-heartedly though, so she was outnumbered.

~*~

We're all sitting around at home one evening, when suddenly there's a knock at the door.

Mom gets up to answer it.

"Dad!" Mom says, her voice sounding surprised and uncomfortable. She looks over at Taylor, who immediately gets up and goes over to the door too.

"What're you doing here?"

"Can't a dad visit his daughter without there being a reason?"

Whoop, Grandpa has a 'tude. I better get my popcorn.

"Most dads, yeah—But not you. What're you doing here?" She asks again, still not letting him in.

Grandpa sighs and gives mom an awkward hug. "I heard you have a boyfriend, and I wanted to meet him."

"You came all the way here from California to meet my boyfriend?"

"Well, baby girl, Jake called and told me that you were dating someone, and it's just odd—You haven't dated anyone since Alex. I wanted to check in."

Grandpa is still standing in the doorway, getting agitated. "Will you please let me in?"

Mom lets him in, and once he's inside he notices Taylor.

"You must be the boyfriend," he says, looking Taylor up and down with disdain.

Taylor is NOT intimidated by my grandpa at all.

"You must be the dad—Good to know you actually come around once in a while."

Whoop! Taylor has a 'tude too. Imma need some extra butter for this movie.

"How did Jake know I was dating somebody?" Mom asks, changing the subject.

"I told him," I say, taking a deep breath and bracing.

Kinda blows I'm in this movie now, too. I have a feeling I'm gonna be the sucker who gets murdered by the person in the first scene—I have so much more talent than that!

Mom and Taylor both stare at me, horrified.

"Since when do you talk to Jake?" She asks, crossing her arms.

Before I can answer, there's another voice from the doorway.

"Since I told him that he needed to learn how to fight—The day he did it, he sucked," Jake says, leaning on the doorframe and looking bored.

"What are you doing here?" Mom asks, really getting frustrated now.

Forget the popcorn, it's time to find the closest exit, folks!

Jake shrugs. "I came to see dad—He's only in town for tonight."

He walks in and goes into the kitchen, opening the fridge.

"Sure—Help yourself," mom snaps.

"Thought I told ya to get rid of the soda—I thought you were supposed to be a good mom?" He taunts, shaking his head and getting out a bottle of water.