~93~ Wedding

Today is the day of the wedding, and dad and I are on baby detail all day. We get to mom's place around 9 and she already looks nervous.

"Hey guys! Right on time!" She says as she goes over and gives us both a hug.

"Hey Sash! Come to Uncle Alex!" Dad says as he scoops her up and kisses her. I think dad is just as in love with this baby as the rest of us.

As he's holding her, he turns to mom. "El, can I talk to you for a minute? Outside?" He asks.

Why does he look so nervous?

"Sure," she says as he gives Sasha another kiss and hands her off to me. I squeeze her and give her kisses of my own. She smiles her perfect smile at me and pats my cheek.

I love that she recognizes me. I love that she loves me.

I smile and go over to Megan. She is packing up a bag of makeup and things to take with them.

"How's it going?" I ask, giving her a smile. I don't think I'm ever not going to have a crush on this girl. She's perfection.

"Good! I'll be glad when these two get hitched already, though. Weddings are stressful!!!"

"At least mom isn't high maintenance," I joke as I grab a water out of the fridge.

"Thank heavens for that. This would have been impossible in only 3 months," she chuckles.

"Your mom said you want to be a firefighter. I think that's amazing, Liam," she says, looking at me with her gentle smile.

"Thanks—I'm pretty excited," I say, taking the spoon out of Sasha's hand that she managed to get ahold of. She was an inch away from clocking me in the face.

"Are you gonna be a good girl today, Sash?" I ask her, putting my nose on her nose.

She then grabs another fistful of hair and yanks, chortling her belly laugh.

"I'm gonna take that as a no," I say, freeing my hair from her death grip.

Mom and dad come back in then. I have no idea what that conversation was about, but it looked emotional. Not in a bad way. Kinda like a chapter has closed, and it's bittersweet.

~*~

The next several hours go by quickly. We play with Sasha until we wear her out enough that she passes out on dad's chest.

"Man, I miss you being this small. You and I used to do this for hours when you were this little." Dad says, kissing the top of her head.

"Uncle Jake said she's prettier than I was. Is that true?" I ask, acting offended.

"Yup!" He says, winking at me.

I pretend to glare, as he starts laughing.

"Nah, you were cute. I don't think I'd call my son pretty, though... more like, insanely handsome, just like his dad. I take all the credit for your crazy good looks."

"We better get this girl, who is apparently a prettier baby, to the church before mom kills us. I don't think handcuffs would match her dress," I say as I go to get her bag.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm pretty pumped we get to keep her all next week while they're on their honeymoon. I might not want to give her back," he says, standing up and putting her in her car seat.

"I know—You're pretty attached to her, aren't ya? Maybe you and Lilah will have one of your own one day."

Dad scoffs. "We've been on three dates, kid. Slow it down a bit....Plus, I don't know if I want more. The only reason you turned out so good is because of mom."