twenty 🦩

"don't walk away, 'cause it's cold in LA" - jonah marais, cold in LA

Narrator's POV

Now that Izzy and Christina were on good terms again, they spent every minute together, before Izzy moved away.

Izzy, unfortunately already booked the moving truck to come and pick up her stuff, so she couldn't postpone it otherwise you had to pay an extra $500 for changing dates.

The day before the move, Izzy felt really emotion, because New York was her home, and now she's leaving it.

But, she was also excited because she's beginning a new chapter in her life - starting in Los Angeles.

Izzy had packed everything already, and had only one suitcase to take on the plane, which was a couple of clothes and toiletries. 

She looked around at her empty room and sighed, thinking of all the memories. Izzy then got a facetime call from Daniel, and she smiled seeing his contact. 

"Hey, love." Daniel said when his face popped up onto the screen. "Hi, pretty boy." Izzy said laughing at Daniel's enthusiasm. 

"Have you got everything ready for tomorrow?" Daniel asked. "Uh, yeah. I have everything packed, and the movers picked up my stuff two days ago, so it should be at my new apartment tomorrow." Izzy explained. 

Daniel nodded, not knowing what else to say, "I miss you, love." Izzy smiled at him and replayed with, "I miss you too pretty boy, but I'm coming tomorrow." 

Her boyfriend smiled, excited for her arrival. "I can't fucking wait!" Daniel said. "Me too." Izzy said softly.

"IZZY! GET YOUR  FUCKING ASS HERE! I'M MAKING MY FAMOUS PASTA!" Christina yelled through the house, which made Daniel chuckle. 

"I have to go, because - it's also my last night here." Izzy asked, wondering if it was okay to end the call. 

"Love, it's okay! Go have fun with Christina!" Daniel exclaimed. Izzy smiled gratefully at him then said a swift, 'bye'.

Izzy walked into the kitchen area and immediately smelt the pasta, that Christina is an expert in. "Smells good, like always, Chris!" Izzy said leaning against the fridge.

Christina turned and smiled at her, then said, "I need to make our special pasta one more time, before you go." - her voice cracking when she said the last bit.

Izzy frowned and said, "I'm sorry, Chris. I'll try and visit whenever I can, and also - Corbyn is in LA, so when you visit, your visiting me too!" 

Christina nodded, and got out two bowls and filled them up with steaming, hot pasta. Izzy's mouth started watering just looking at it.

Izzy took a bowl, and Christina took another. "This is so good Chris!" Izzy said after taking a bite, and hungrily attacking her bowl.

Christina chuckled, watching her friend gulp up the pasta in a few bites. "Slow down, Iz! It's not good if you eat that fast." Christina warned.

Izzy finished her pasta, and shrugged, "It's not my fault if it's so good." Christina beamed at her friend, her pasta was one of the things people praised about her.

The two girls put their bowls away in the dishwasher, and grabbed some strawberry cheesecake that was leftover from another night, and took it to the living room, where it was a movie night.

<3 <3 <3

Izzy woke up early the next morning with a big grin on her face. She was moving to Los Angeles today.

Her flight was in five hours, so she had some work to do, like make sure she had got everything, and didn't leave anything behind.

She got into the shower and turned it on, when she realised she had already packed her special shampoo and soap, Izzy cursed and sighed, taking a plain shower.

Izzy got changed in the clothes she would take onto the plane, and walked into the kitchen where Christina was sitting there eating some cereal.

"Good morning! How are you?" Christina asked cheerfully. "I already packed my shampoo and shit, so I took a shower without anything." Izzy said dully, opening the cupboard to get some cereal for herself.

Christina laughed, but stopped immediately from the glare Izzy gave her. "It's not funny" Izzy whined. "It is so me" Christina mumbled.

Izzy finished her cereal, and walked back to her room to check the draws and cupboards to see if she left anything. 

Christina followed her, knowing that this is really happening, her life time best friend is moving away.

After Izzy checked everything, she finished off organising everything and grabbed her passport and flight documents, and grabbed her suitcase pulling it to the living room.

She then went back to Christina and hugged her, not saying anything. The two friends stayed there for ages. 

Then her phone dinged, which meant her flight was in two hours. Izzy planned to go a bit early, because of the New York traffic.

Christina offered to come and take her, but Izzy refused because she didn't want Christina to drive back alone.

Izzy got a notification that her Uber was outside her apartment. She looked around the place one last time, then at Christina.

"I'll miss you, Chris." Izzy said sighing. "Yeah, me too. But promise me, you will call me everyday?" Christina said sternly.

"Of course." Izzy said simply and hugged her. "Bye, bitch" Christina said softly. "Bye hoe." Izzy said grinning at her and walking out.

<3 <3 <3

Izzy got onto the plane and immediately texted Christina that she had boarded the flight, then she texted Daniel to say the same thing as well.

Daniel immediately texted back saying, 'I'll be at the airport, love. Have a good flight, ily.' Christina didn't reply back soon, and Izzy had to turn her phone off. 

Izzy slept on the plane, because she woke up early and she was tired. When she woke up, she'd be in her new home.

tuesday 15th september, 2020

word count: 953