twenty one 🦩

"you drive me mad with temptation 'cause it tastes so good" - jack avery, hooked 

Narrator's POV

When Izzy walked out of the arrivals area, she immediately recognised Daniel in his big hoodie with sweats.

Daniel wore the hood over his head, so no fans noticed him. Izzy ran to him, and jumped on him. His hood came partly of, so Izzy quickly put it back on and looked around to make sure no one saw him.

"Hi, love. How are you?" Daniel asked softly, kissing her. Izzy melted into the kiss, missing the feeling of Daniel's lips on hers.

"I'm good, pretty boy." Izzy said smiling. "Come on, let's go to your apartment." Daniel said taking Izzy's hand.

Izzy followed Daniel and stepped outside of LAX and went into his car. "So, you excited to live in LA, love?" Daniel asked starting the car and pulling out of the car park.

"Yeah, I am actually." Izzy said confidently. Daniel looked at her and raised his eyebrow then back at the road.

"It's just that - New York is my home, and it's my roots. What if I don't fit in with all the 'LA chicks', and what if I'm not as hot as them?" Izzy said worriedly.

Daniel chuckled and said, "Love, it's okay, you need to have some change in your life, and also, oh my god - you are definitely hotter than all of the 'LA chicks' and shit." 

Izzy blushed and looked down smiling, then it was comfortable silence after that. 

After about twenty more minutes, Daniel stopped at an apartment complex and drove into the private parking only for residents.

Izzy had chosen an apartment near Venice beach because the time her and Anna came here, she instantly loved it.

Daniel took out Izzy's luggage from the back of the car and pulled it to her. Izzy smiled gratefully at Daniel, and he returned the smile.

Izzy pulled out her apartment's keys on the way to her room, that were sent to her last week, and stopped abruptly in front of her room number '23'.

She unlocked the door and opened it slowly and uneasily. Her boxes were already there, stacked and Daniel made a joke, "good service." 

Izzy grinned at him then went into all the rooms and looked around. "Wow, these rooms are big." Izzy commented.

Daniel nodded in agreement then said, "come on, let's get to work and then relax" Izzy nodded and picked up a box.

<3 <3 <3

After about three and a half hours of opening boxes, and putting stuff away, Daniel and Izzy had unpacked every box and filled up her apartment with everything.

"Wow, we did a good job pretty boy." Izzy said flopping onto the couch, with Daniel following her same actions. 

"Yeah, we did, didn't we love?" He asked and Izzy nodded and moved a bit, so now her head was in Daniel's chest and her legs over him.

"I love you." Izzy said looking up and kissing him. "I love you too, Izzy." Daniel said smiling down at her.

Daniel started playing with Izzy's hair and Izzy began to doze off, from the day's tiring events, but then the doorbell suddenly ringed.

Izzy gave Daniel a confused look and Daniel shrugged, and Izzy got of him, walking to the door, with Daniel behind her.

She opened the door with caution, and saw a really pretty girl standing in front of her. She felt Daniel's grip on her waist go harder, but she thought nothing of it.

"Hi?" Izzy asked in a confused tone. The girl said nothing, except stare at Daniel for ages, and Daniel did the same. 

"Excuse me? Are you two going to stop staring at each other and tell me who you are?" Izzy said pissed, but went kinder at the end.

"Oh, yeah - um, I'm Ainslee." the girl said and stuck her hand out wanting Izzy to shake it. Izzy did and Ainslee continued.

 "I'm your neighbour." Ainslee pointed to the room across from Izzy's. "Oh! That's nice." Izzy said smiling at her. 

Ainslee smiled back and it was getting a bit awkward, before Izzy wacked her brain and said, "this is my boyfriend, Daniel." 

"Boyfriend?" Ainslee asked looking hurt. "Yeah, why?" Izzy wondered. "No reason." Ainslee said quickly and then made up an excuse to leave.

Izzy closed the door and then said, "that was weird." "Yeah." Daniel said mumbling. Izzy frowned, and wondered why Daniel was being a bit distant ever since Ainslee showed up at the door.

"Why have you been acting different since you saw Ainslee?" Izzy questioned. Daniel quickly looked at the time on his phone and made a horrible reason to leave.

"Oh, look at the time! I better be going, sorry love." Daniel said and quickly walked out of the door.

He walked into the elevator bay and saw Ainslee there waiting for one. "Daniel fucking Seavey." Ainslee muttered when she saw him.

"Ainslee Woods." Daniel replied back. There was awkward silence. "Where's your beloved girlfriend?" Ainslee asked with spite in her tone.

Daniel sighed and said, "in the apartment, she asked why was I acting different when I saw you, and I kind of made an excuse to leave. 

"Oh, dani boy, don't leave her like you left me." Ainslee said. Daniel hung his head and wished the elevator would come quickly.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Daniel said raising his voice. "I'm sorry I left you. I was starting my band and I thought long distance relationship wouldn't work!

The elevator came and opened and the boy and girl walked in. "You could of given it a try!" Ainslee hissed.

Daniel nodded and said in a small voice, "I'm sorry." Ainslee scoffed and turned to look at Daniel. "We both loved each other." She said staring straight into Daniel's eyes.

"I know we did!" Daniel exclaimed throwing his hands into the air. "And, what do you do? You find another girl." Ainslee said looking sad.

"Our relationship ended five, six fucking years ago." Daniel yelled. "Yeah! But you fucking said that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me!" Ainslee argued.

Daniel stopped looking angry, and realised that he actually did say that to her. He remembered it so clearly.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. "I really hope your happy with your girlfriend." Ainslee said simply and walked towards her car. 

Daniel was confused, because their relationship ended years ago, and Ainslee was acting as if she still loved him.

Did she?

wednesday 16th september, 2020

word count: 1063