twenty two 🦩

"no matter what you do, no matter what you say, i'm lying here with you." - jack avery, mad at you

Narrator's POV

The next day when Izzy woke up, Daniel and Ainslee were still on her mind. She suddenly got a random thought; 'Do Daniel and Ainslee know each other?'

She then shook the thought off and said to herself, "Daniel might of recognised her." She walked into her new kitchen and opened a cupboard which had bread in it.

After she put the bread into the toaster, she remembered that she hadn't called Christina yet, so she got the phone and requested to facetime her.

Christina answered the call, and Izzy set her phone up against the kitchen counter, and started eating her toast.

"Hi bitch." Christina said smiling. "Hey chickee." Izzy said smiling back at her. "How are you? Izzy added.

Christina shrugged and said, "Eh, all right. What about you?" "I'm okay, I have a problem though with Daniel." Izzy said.

Christina nodded, signalling Izzy to continue. "Do you really want to listen? Because I don't want to be a burden to you with my problems."

"ISABELLA! Of course I want to know your problems!" Christina exclaimed looking shocked that Izzy asked her that.

Izzy looked guilty then continued. "So, my neighbour in this apartment is called a girl named Ainslee." Christina looked at Izzy with wide eyes, almost if she knew knew Ainslee was.

"And so, when I opened the door - Daniel and Ainslee stared at each other for ages." Izzy then explained that Daniel was acting different and made an immediate excuse to leave.

Christina was shocked, that in a really big city like Los Angeles, Izzy just had to run into Ainslee Woods. 

Christina obviously knew that Daniel and Ainslee used to date because her and Corbyn dated before the band even started, and she was introduced to his future band mates. 

Along that hang-out, Daniel brought along Ainslee with him and all the boys and Christina liked her because she was so bright. 

Because of her shocked expression, Christina thought that Izzy would know she knew who Ainslee was, so Christina snapped out of it.

"Really?" Christina said trying to be oblivious. Izzy nodded looking a bit sad. Christina sighed and looked at her sad friend.

Should she tell Izzy that Ainslee is Daniel's ex girlfriend? Christina was making her own little argument in her head wondering if she should tell her or not.

Without knowing, Christina suddenly burst out out, "Ainslee is Daniel's ex girlfriend" and quickly ended the call worrying for what Izzy's reply would be. 

Izzy sat on the couch with a dull expression on her face while she slowly finished her breakfast. Would Daniel leave her for Ainslee? 

Izzy started having a panic attack and started breathing heavily with tears streaming down her face. 

She started hyperventilating and ran into the kitchen to get a glass of water. She drank and her hyperventilating stopped, but she still had tears streaming down her face.

The door suddenly opened, and Izzy got enveloped in a hug. She was scared for a second then smelt Daniel's sweet cologne.

"Love, hey hey, it's okay." Daniel said trying to comfort the broken girl, but Izzy kept crying and crying.

For the next half hour, Izzy kept crying and Daniel kept hugging her whispering sweet things to help make the girl feel better.

When Izzy stopped crying, she immediately realised what she was thinking of and burst into tears again.

"That's it love, let it all out." Daniel said in his soothing voice. Izzy cried for about ten more minutes then calmed down.

When Daniel saw that Izzy calmed down, he immediately got up and went to the kitchen to get some water.

He came back and saw Izzy sitting there on the couch very still. Her expression was unreadable and clueless.

"What are you thinking about, love?" Daniel asked gently. "Are you going to leave me for Ainslee?" Izzy said straight up. 

Daniel was taken aback, her answer wasn't what he was expecting. "No, love. Why in the world would you ever think that?" he questioned.

"I know Ainslee is your ex, Daniel. Don't play dumb." Izzy said simply. Daniel sighed wondering how she got this information, but decided he would ask later.

"Love, no. I wouldn't leave you for her. We dated years ago - it's in the past!" Daniel said, trying to convince her.

Izzy wasn't convinced, but she didn't add anything. "Okay." she said with the same unreadable expression on her face.

"Okay? That's it?" Daniel queried. "No Daniel, it's not it. Do you want to know why? Because when I asked you yesterday on why you were acting differently when you saw her, you didn't even answer and you made a shitty excuse!" Izzy cried out. 

"I didn't tell you, because it wasn't important! Our relationship was years ago!" Daniel yelled. "And also, who told you?" Daniel asked, his voice softening.

"Christina." Izzy said simply. "Don't go yell at her now, she did nothing wrong." "I wasn't going to go after her." Daniel said scoffing.

It was a very awkward silence after that. "Okay, so, um - I need to go and record some songs, because the boys are spamming my phone." Daniel said chuckling.

"Have fun, pretty boy." Izzy said lightly. Daniel looked at her and smiled. "Bye, love." But he didn't leave without pecking her lips.

After Daniel left, Izzy felt somewhat lighter but still had a thought that he was going to leave her, because Ainslee was so pretty, and had every pretty girl's features.

Izzy had faith in her boyfriend, so she trusted him alot to not do anything stupid.

wednesday 16th september, 2020

word count: 935