World Tournament P1

The day was here. The world martial arts tournament and the day that goku will return. You and all the Z fighters met up at capsule Corp to start the day.

After you finished a "light" meal you socialized with some of the other Z fighters. Most of them were pretty excited but goten was nervous and gohan looked...upset?

You decided not to bother gohan at the moment. You walk up to the shy goten. He tried to flee the seen but you used instant transmission and caught him.

Y/N: "Where do you think your going? Aren't you excited to see your dad?"

Goten: "Well...yeah, but what if he doesn't like me?"

Y/N laughs

Y/N: "From the time I've known your father he never once looked down on anyone. He's not the kind of person to dislike someone. Besides I have a feeling he will be very proud at how strong you are."

Gotens eyes lit up.

Goten: "You mean it?"

You nod and rub his spiky hair.

Y/N: "Why don't you go find Nasu and Sonya? You guys can play a game or have a friendly spar while us grown ups talk boring stuff ok?"

Goten didn't listen past play. He already took off. You smile and return to the group.

When you got back you sensed a new energy and looked and saw tien. You grin wildly as you saw how far his power grew.

Ever since his encounter with second form cell, tien ramped up his training. He was training as hard (in terms of effort and time) as goku.

You gauged his power and you found that he now surpassed gohan in at least base form and might be a bit of a challenge in ssj, but not much.

You thought that it was unfair that someone who gave their all for years, is nothing compared to the little effort gohan put in.

It was unlike you to think negatively about your previous student but, you couldn't deny that when it comes to hard work, you had far more respect for tien then gohan.

You glance towards gohan who glares at you.

'Since when did this mf learn to read minds' you joked to yourself.

You brushed it off and continued talking to your friends.

GOHAN POV

'Why did he have to come back'

Gohan wrestled with his mind since goku revealed his plan to return.

It wasn't his death that caused this question, but the occasions before and after it.

Gohan hated fighting back in the day, but only fought for the sake of others and to spend time with his father.

Gohan felt that goku only payed attention or cared about him when he was fighting. The only times gohan received compliments or praise from his father is when he got stronger.

Gohan began to develop a bit of a resentment towards his dad after the hyperbolic time chamber.

Gohan didn't like fighting don't get him wrong, but if it was a fight for his loved ones, he would fight as hard and as long as it took.

When goku took time to relax a week before the tournament, gohan felt off. He knew that if they kept training they could easily defeat cell, but goku was adamant about not returning to the chamber.

Gohan was forced to fight a much stronger cell. If his father trained then he would've been able to stand his ground better, but that never happened. Gohan had at least a chance when fighting a tired cell.

But goku had to give him a sensu bean. Gokus actions to make gohan ascend cost the life of a innocent android. Gohan explosion of anger wasn't just caused by cell, but also by Goku.

When goku made his sacrifice gohan felt at peace. He felt that goku made up for his mistakes caused by his lack of solid judgment by getting rid of cell.

But we all know what happens shortly after that.

After Goku refused to be revived, gohan at first felt proud that his father would stay in the after life to protect his family from trouble.

But as time went on the resentment grew.

Gohan was the one who held his mother's hand during birth.

The first one to hold his brother.

The one to earn money to help his mother afford the house

The one who had to raise his own brother who didn't have a father of his own.

That whole time, goku didn't once contact them. Gohan felt betrayed and angry

He then saw the disappointed look in Y/N's eyes. Mistaking Y/N for bein ignorant of gohan struggles, when Y/N actually understood what gohan went through more then others.

Gohan turned dark he left the party and flew off. Everyone wondered where he was. But gohan had a plan. He was gonna prove to the world they don't need son goku.

Normal POV

"Somethings wrong with gohan"
Y/N said to himself

???: "Yes, I too can sense it"

You turn around to see a ginger giant smiling at you.

Y/N: "Hey sixteen, how are you doing, and why are you here?"

16: "I am fine. I now study birds. I am here to elimina- ...see son Goku"

Y/N blanked for a second at 16s comment before he realized 16 was just making a joke.

You pat him on the back.

But little did you know mischief was brewing, and everyone is gonna be affected by it.

END