Chapter 1

My quarantine boredom had lead me to create an account on a dating app. It had been about a year since I'd been in a relationship, so I thought now would be a good time to start seeking one again. Plus, the quarantine period ends in a couple of days.

Him: Heyy!

Me: Hello :)

Him: You're very beautiful.

Me: Thank you. You're quite handsome yourself.

I told the truth; he was. His name was Tim and he had striking blue eyes and curly chocolate-brown hair. He appeared tall and lean in his profile pictures.

Tim: On your profile you mention you like swimming. I live right on the beach :)

Oh my gosh.

Me: You do??

Tim: Yeah. Emily, would you like to meet? I'd love to take you on a date.

I had a good feeling about this guy. He presented himself well in his profile and he felt to be on my wavelength. Although I hesitated for a moment. I'd put on some extra weight over the quarantine period and I don't have a lot of self confidence. I'd hate for this to ruin my chances with Tim, as I could just delay for a few weeks to lose this extra fat. I glanced down at myself to see my jeans zipped taught, suppressing my extra inches of waist. I was reasonably thin before this lockdown began. But now my weight is beginning to test the capacity of my clothes. I think I've gained about 20 pounds. Maybe I can hide this under some new clothes. I really wanted to meet Tim.

Me: I'd like that :)