One

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~

Woke up, take a shower, dress up with the same shirt and pants like yesterday and head out without having any breakfast. This is my usual routine every single day, Another boring day for the 25-year-old me.

I live in a apartment good for one person. I have a decent job that pays just enough. I live normal like the rest out there. 

"Good morning Miss" i heard the barista lady from the Starbucks greeted me. It was 6:30am, too early... but i wanted to get here just before it fills up that i have to wait in line. The lady behind the counter looked at me with a smile as she fixed her apron.

"The usual?" She asked and i just nodded. I don't understand why she continued to smile at me when i don't do that to her nor anyone else.

"Here you go... it's on the house" she returned with my black coffee, no sugar, just how i like it. She winked at me after saying it's free but i took my money out and placed it in the counter.

"Thank you but no thanks" i said and she look so disappointed as i nodded and head out.

I walked in the almost empty street, seeing the other on the sidewalk, are either those running in the morning for exercise or those walking their dogs and those going to work this early. I continued walking to the light post and waited for the crossing sign. I went to the underground railway station and got my ticket then sat on a bench as i waited for my ride.

I took out the newspaper i got just beside the ticket booth and started reading some headlines. I waited for atleast 15 minutes until i heard the tracks pick up. I folded the paper neatly and put it on the side of my leather crossbody bag. I threw the empty cup to the bin and waited behind the yellow line.

As i get on the train, i immediately looked for a seat but it was all occupied. I decided to go stand near the door and held on a bar as i patiently waited to arrive at my destination. Just like any other day, before I arrived at my destination the train was now packed and luckily i was beside the door, so when i arrived i just got out and continued walking to the direction of our company.

I work at a marketing company but it's not that famous or big so the job isn't really hard. Once the clerk saw me, she immediately smiled and nodded my way. I just went sighed and went to the elevator. As the door was closing, i saw and heard a woman shouted "Wait! Stop!" But the door closes and i tried to press the open button. Luckily it hasn't gone up and the door opened just as the woman arrived infront of me. Without asking i took half of what she was holding, 8 stack of papers.

"T-thanks... you saved me there, Ms.Tris" she said and i just nodded. She was the assistant manager in my department and everyone there call me Tris, short for Beatrice. I didn't allow anyone to call me Bea for some reasons. They then called me Tris like how others did but Tris was much shorter.

She was atleast 2 inch shorter than me even with her heels on. I was 5'8" and she's probably 5'2" plus her 4 inch parisian heel. Inconvenient footwear.

Don't blame me, I'm more of easy and convenient type. Like Shoes, they go great with casual wear and since we don't really need to be formal here, we just wear whatever we want and when notified to be formal then i have some slacks at home.

The Elevator stopped at the 8th floor and i let her got out first and just followed her to her table, putting the papers on her table—

"Thank you for your help... here have this" she said as she went to the pastry room and hand me a black coffee like she usually does every working days. I never questioned her about it and just thought of it as a friendly gestures not like how Sam thinks of.