Chapter 2

1 year later, they were in a burning and passionate relationship and Mew didn't really know how they had started dating and when they became official, but he was sure it didn't take long. The attraction between them was too much. The fleeting caresses between the trainer and the trainee, the lingering gazes, the excitement of going to the gym, the excitement both males tried to hide was all too much to ignore. It was love and there was no mistaking it.

Mew looked at his boyfriend cracking jokes with his mother and sister and he felt so proud. He felt like his life was complete. They got done with food and Mew was preparing to get up.

"What's the rush babe? Let's have dessert before we go. Right mae?" Leo said looking at his mother-in-law for support.

"That's right, I still have space for dessert. What would you like Leo?"

"Whatever Mae wants to eat."

A spoon is dropped in a plate and it makes a startling sound. Everyone turns around to face Mew's sister with a questioning look, "Why is no one asking me about dessert? Mae, ever since Nong Leo came you don't listen to me anymore."

"Is it my fault that Leo is more adorable?"

"Maaeeee,"

"P'" mew called out," deal with it. I'm in the same position. Leo is mae's favorite now."

"Mhhnffhn," Em grumbled as Mew laughed. The mother was not bothered. She kept on conversing with Leo trying to figure out which desert they should have.

"Mae do you know his favorite?"

"Chocolates, he likes chocolates or anything sweet."

"Ok Mae." Leo got up from where he was sitting and approached the direction of the restaurant kitchen. Mew stood up too to go after Leo

"Sit down," his mother commanded.

"But Leo is..."

...Coming back," his mother finished.

"Where is he going?" Mew asked as he looked at Leo's back.

"He is not running away so don't worry. He is coming back."

Mew didn't like it when Leo just leave him without saying anything. He never wanted to be separated from Leo whenever they were together. He anxiously waited for Leo to come back. One could say Mew was a jealous lover. Albeit he was a free soft and open person, when it came to anything related to love, he was nothing but.

Em laughed, enjoying watching her brother worked up. "If someone sees you, they'd think you have separation issues."

Mew placed his elbows on the table and joined his hands, leaning closer, "So p'" he started seriously, looking at his sister, "there's something called love. It happens between two normal grown up people,"

Em rolled her eyes. "Maeee, your son is teasing me,"

"My son is not back yet,"

"Mae," Mew protested, "what am I? Chopped liver?"

"You're pancreas,"

"Phi"

Mew's mother laughed at her children insulting each other jokingly. Now both Mew and Em were pouting at each other. Em started grinning out of the blue. Mew didn't have time to ask her why when a small chocolate ice cream cake was being placed in front of him. The sweet scent of his boyfriend wafted in his nose and he smiled in satisfaction.

When Leo was sitting down, Mew grabbed his hand and pecked him on the cheeks. "Why do you always smell good?"

"My boyfriend buys me nice deo,"

"Lucky bastard," Mew whispered as he looked at the cake. "What's the occasion?"

"Take a closer look at the cake. You're not paying attention." Mew's mother encouraged.

Mew looked at the small cake and that's when he saw It. The shining ring on top of cake. He looked at Leo surprised. "Babe whats this?"

"Marry me darling?"

"What?"

"I'm asking you to be my husband right now because I can't wait any longer. It's been a year and I'm not waiting for another one to call you hubby."

Mew could feel tears in the corner of his eyes. "Babe," he was speechless.

"You only have to say yes, that's all I want from you. I'm doing this in front of mae and p' to show you how serious I am."

"Babe you don't need to prove anything. You know I love you to the moon and back and I would never say no to marrying you.  Yes, yes, yes."

Em popped a champagne right as Leo was slipping the ring from the cake on Mew's finger. Where she had gotten another bottle, Mew didn't know, and he was not curious either. The couple shared a passionate kiss and the mother blessed their union. Mew who had been trying to hold his tears started tearing up. Tears of happiness expressing themselves clearly.

"Cry baby, why are you crying?"

"I'm so happy." Em who had wanted to start a bicker ended up tearing up too. Touched by the emotions Mew was letting through.

"I'm so happy to have you guys as my family and I would never trade you guys for anything in the world. I love you three so much I wouldn't imagine a world without you in it. Babe, I love you so much, you wouldn't understand the depth of my feelings for you."

"Whatever you're feeling darling, I feel it ten times more. You're my rock and I also can't imagine a life without you all."

"You may now kiss the bride. Of course, the sweet moment of love declaration was broken by Ems joking nature. Let's take a picture." She took out her phone and captured the beautiful moment where Mew was showing off his ring. They shared the cake and when Em was about to pour the wine, her mother stopped her.

"Didn't you say you have diarrhea?"

Em was confused, "who?"

"You, let's go use the bathroom before you have an accident."

Maeee, an embarrassed Em complained as her mother gave her a meaningful look. It was time to leave the lovebirds enjoy their moment. They needed some privacy and privacy they were going to get.

However, Mew's mother was slow in her movements. She didn't want to leave too but she knew they needed it.

The mother stood up with a heavy heart.

It was as if she had a hunch.

A premonition.

She was so reluctant to leave.

As if she knew it was the last time seeing the two together.