Chapter 21

The following day was a Sunday and Gulf had seven days until he could come clean to Mew about everything. He was going to spend the whole week with Mew and treasure every moment.

He went back home and as soon as he came in, Mew was hugging the life out of him.

"Thank you for coming back." He was grateful.

"I'm sorry," Gulf said in the hug.

"No I'm sorry," Mew said.

Gulf came out of the hug. "Why are you sorry?"

"Because I made you sad. I made you cry. I don't ever want to see you like that ever again. I felt like I was about to go crazy babe. Please don't leave me like that again."

Gulf realized then the consequences of his actions. "I'm sorry, I was just frustrated."

"It's ok to be frustrated but darling, we can sit down and talk about it. Next time when you're mad, you can go in the bathroom or in the bedroom and lock the door. Babe I can leave and come back when you're no longer mad."

"Why would I do that to you?"

"I can't bear to see you leave like that. I felt helpless and I don't ever want to feel that way again. You hurt me Lee."

Gulf was being scolded. He was being rebuked but all he could feel was Mew's love. How was he supposed to wrap his feelings when Mew was like this?

That week was heaven to the couple. They didn't become intimate save for pecks they shared once in a while.

On Monday after work, they went star gazing. The night was clear and the air was good. They had a picnic basket and a blanket. They went to a park. On the green grass they laid their fruits and snacks. Mew was laying on his back and Gulf laying on his stomach. He got a cherry and brought it to Mew's mouth. Mew opened his mouth but Gulf teased him. It was a lovely evening.

On Tuesday they went to a club to have some fun. It was not packed just enough people. They had drinks and talked about nothing. They looked at people having fun and they made fun of them. When they became tipsy, they went on the dance floor. It was a mess as Gulf's body was not complying with his mind. They had fun nonetheless.

On Wednesday they went for a movie. They got pop corn with lot of butter, they got sour and sweet candy. They finished the box of pop corn and their large cokes. That night they didn't have dinner, their tummies full of junky food.

On Thursday they slept in. It was nice to do nothing after work. They took a shower together and cuddled. They complimented each other as they laid in bed. Gulf confessed that Mew's eyes were sexy and he got lost in them so often. Mew let him know how his lips made him go crazy. Gulf let him know he was the person he had seen with hands so pretty and flawless. Mew said these hands were only meant to touch Gulf's body.

On Friday they went for an expensive dinner. They dressed up and looked sophisticated. Mew had to take pictures because they looked perfect. Mew was a total gentleman opening doors and pulling a chair for his boyfriend. It was a romantic night. The music in the restaurant was nice and so was their dessert. They left the restaurant too late. Thank goodness it was a Friday. They had no work the following day.

After going through all that with Mew, Gulf couldn't give up. He wouldn't. He became so carefree that on Saturday he forced Mew to go to an amusement park. Wrong move on Gulf's part.

Mew had missed all the indicators that this person was not Leo during the week. But today it was hard not to miss it.

Firstly, Gulf insisted on going on a roller coaster. Mew was not a fan of it but he could ride, however Leo couldn't. He remembered how Leo loathed the ride. Leo said he would rather die than ride a roller coaster. He was terrified of it and that was his greatest fear. They rode the roller coaster. It was so much fun for Gulf but Mew couldn't stop feeling bothered by this.

They sat down to catch a breath after the ride.

"It's hot isn't it?" Mew said getting his handkerchief to wipe sweat on his boyfriend's forehead.

"It's ok, I like it when it's hot."

Mew paused and his hand went down.

That was not true.

Leo hated it when it was hot because he was a sweater. He would be drenched in sweat and he didn't like it at all. He hated it even more because then he wouldn't be able to be close to Mew or hold hands. Mew swallowed spit, nervous.

"Let me go buy us ice cream." He said,

"Too sweet for me. I prefer cold water." Gulf replied carelessly.

"What are you talking about, you love ice cream." Leo didn't like cold water. Something related to working out.

"I do? I mean I do. Chocolate ice cream is my favorite."

Mew looked at him suspicious now. Leo liked Vanilla flavor because he said it reminded him of Mew's simplicity. Chocolate was Mew's flavor. He frowned but turned around and started walking away.

Gulf sat there feeling happy and satisfied. He felt lucky.

"Leo!"

Being with Mew like this was what he wanted and it felt good.

"Leo!"

Today was supposed to be his last day but he was not going to confess. He needed more time. A week was not enough.

"Leo!"

He had to beg Dianna. He had to beg his sister for more time.

"LEO!"

He keep on thinking and he didn't turn around when Mew kept on calling him. Mew was confused that he was not turning around. He had a cup and a cone ice cream in his hands and he wanted his boyfriend to pick the one he wanted. Mew looked at him and thought, no way. However, all the wrong answers he kept spewing confirmed his suspicions.

He felt his skin crawl when he thought of the possibility of his suspicions.

"Gulf!"

He called out and Gulf turned around with a smile and waved his hand. He didn't realize his fatal mistake.

Mew staggered shocked.

What the hell was going on?