Chapter 3

The two lovebirds sat on the table sharing a bottle of wine.

"I actually thought of proposing too but I wasn't sure you'd be up for marriage. We never really talked about that." Mew said shyly.

"You gave me some hints and I picked them up."

"Uh you noticed."

"I've known you for a year. You thought I wouldn't be able to pick out the hints you just threw out there catching me off guard."

Mew laughed. "Like which one?"

"Buying a house was the first one I picked. You were daydreaming about our family living in a house the whole afternoon."

"This is embarrassing." Mew looked at his wine embarrassed.

"And then you talked about kids too but you were so hesitant as if you wanted to know what's my take on kids."

Mew facepalmed in embarrassment.

"You want to know the most funny one,"

"Please stop. I'm mortified as it is." He shook his head lazily trying to control the grin on his face.

"My finger looks perfect in silver."

"Argghhh, babe stop it."

Leo laughed out loud. "You were so cute though and you were trying so hard it was just adorable to watch."

"I'm happy that my subtle hints worked."

"Darling there was nothing subtle about your hints."

"Whatever,"Mew said drinking his wine.

"Love you too," Leo said with a chuckle sipping his wine too. He didn't want to get intoxicated since he was driving them back home.

Whilst Mew and Leo were having a goodnight, Dianna had just finished eating dinner with her brother when she heard him say,

"I'm going to my part time now." Gulf said as he got dressed in warm clothes.

"This late?"

"Yes p"

"But I told you that I can afford everything. That I can pay for everything. Please stop working. You need to focus on studying too."
Dianna advised, not wanting his little brother to be burdened by money issues.

"I know you can afford it but p' we also need to pay for the gas and electricity and water too."

"I'll manage everything."

"No p'"

"we already talked about it. I'll ask my boss for overtime and extra work so you don't have to work like this. I'm just concerned. We're in winter now and it's really cold outside. I can't let you do that."

"That's why I'm putting on warm clothes."

"You never listen. That's the problem."

"I'm just being realistic here."

"No that's not it. You are trying to prove something and I don't know what."

"I'm trying to help." Gulf raised his voice.

"I don't need your help."

"I'm helping myself not you."

The two siblings were hard headed and no one wanted to wield to the other. Diana went and took Gulf's bike keys.

"P what are you doing. Give them back."

"I'm not going to."

"I have to go I'm already late."

"Why don't you listen to me."

"You suffocate me p'." Gulf blew out. "Ever since Mae left, you want to do everything by yourself and it's suffocating. I understand your efforts and I appreciate them but let me breathe too. Give me space and try to understand me. I can't come to ask you for money everytime I want something. I know you have more responsibilities that's why I'm trying to work."

"You can ask for anything. I can increase your pocket money too."

"See you don't understand. I'm going to go."

Dianna threw some keys at Gulf's back as he was leaving the house. Gulf picked up the keys and left. It was when he was outside that he saw the keys he had been given were Dianna's car keys for her work car. He didn't want to keep on fighting and arguing so he just left with car. It was good enough that his DL was in his wallet.

All of a sudden it started raining whilst Gulf was on the way. The realization hit him that maybe Dianna didn't want him to go out because of the rain. It would've been bad if he was riding his scooter. He understood Dianna's feelings and he started feeling guilty. Maybe he shouldn't have exploded like that.

The rain started becoming heavier with each mile and Gulf's experience was not good enough to drive in such a strong rain. His dilemma however was that, parking was only available on the other side of the road. His side of the road didn't have parking space. He had to wait it out before he could continue again. It was too much rain for him to handle. He felt like he was loosing grip of the steering wheel and brakes.

It was a hail now and there was lightning too. He looked on the road ahead of him and it seemed like it was clear. As he was making a decision of turning, the lightning struck and he saw a car coming out of the blue, he panicked and instead of breaking, he accelerated heading straight for the incoming car.

The driver of the incoming car tried to avoid the car speeding at him. He looked at the passengers seat and he panicked even more. Instead of avoiding it, he thought of protecting the jewel sitting right next to him.

It was a bad crash.

The cars both tried to avoid each other and in doing so, the drivers sides roughly came in contact and caused an utter destruction to the cars. Gulf's car spinned twice before in landed on it's roof.

A few seconds later, rain was still pouring and Gulf laid in the car not moving, blood seeping out the car coating the road, rain washing it away. The ambulance sound could be heard in a distant.

In the other car, the driver had unlocked his seatbelt to protect the passenger. He was in the car, blood all over him, eyes wide open, lifeless. Like he had wanted to check if the passenger was safe even during his last minutes. In his arms a less injured man who had been holding on to the driver's arm for dear life let go and the hand dropped on the lap, a shiny silver ring that had been perfect on the finger, now coated with blood.