Chapter 13

Gulf jolted awake and saw the elder come in. She smiled at him and walked slowly to the chair opposite his.

"You've done well," She said as if she could see through his soul and Gulf somehow understood what she was saying. It was a weird type of communication.

Suddenly, It clicked to him that they were not dreams he was having but reality happening. It was the second time it happened and he wondered what he did well when he couldn't even stay longer in his own body.

It was like the lady read his mind and she replied, "Considering it's only the beginning of the second month, you've made great progress."

"I don't understand."

"When your soul went back in your body, you awoke your memories and left a huge imprint of them in there. Now you have another weapon in this fight."

Gulf had so much to ask and so much to complain about but he held himself and thought of the most important question,

"What's going to happen to his soul when I go back?"

"It'll go where it was originally supposed to go, that is if you succeed before the time is up."

"Why is my soul not going away though? Why am I here?"

"That is between you and your creator. I'm only a mediator for these unique cases. It happens once in a thousand years or two."

Gulf nodded his head. It was Indeed rare that people steal other people's bodies, which brought him to another question;

"How was it so easy for them to do that?"

"There are different types of love on earth. There are different labels too and you might know Storge, Philia, Eros , Pragma, Ludus, Philautia, Mania, Agape love etc, the list is endless but then there is one called Sacred love. A sacred love is only possible between soulmates which is not common. The last time I heard it was only 5 percent of people on earth who find their soulmates."

Gulf nodded grasping the information from the elder. She had so much knowledge. He looked up when he heard the old lady continued.

"This love is one that is rare. If you've ever heard a saying that goes, 'love conquers all,' it's their type of love that can only accomplish that."

That's why they accomplished in stealing his body. Gulf thought and it only brought a sense of despair in him. If their love was this strong then did he really have a chance?

The elder stood up again and started walking towards another door. Gulf didn't even realize there were other rooms in the eerie house. Before she left she said,

"You must be grateful to that man, Mew. Even though it was for a short time, his desire to see you gave you an opening and now you have a huge chance of going back."

Gulf looked at the table as soon as the elder shut the door and saw Mew's serious face looking at his lover in his body. The water moved and became blank again.

Mew was looking seriously at Leo when he said, "we have to stop this."

"Stop what?" Leo asked confused.

"I think we have to stop being intimate."

"Babe!" It didn't sit well with Leo.

"Last time he came when we were kissing. It was for a short time but he came and vanished. You felt it too. Today he stayed longer because we were deep into it."

"But that's not fair."

"If it means you are staying here with me darling I can do anything." Mew promised.