21

A year ago you were so happy with your life but that happiness shattered when your ex-boyfriend broke up with you. The reason for the break was because he fell out of love for you and decided to start his new life as a single man. You were so heart-broken for 3 months. You tried everything to keep yourself distracted, you went out partying, drinking, met new friends and had a glow-up but your mind keeps thinking about him. You looked at the moon, thinking that you'll get back with him. 

Moving forward to the current year, you are working as a store manager in an outlet for one of the popular entertainment in the Music Industry, SM Entertainment. As you were minding your own business, at the corner of your eyes, you saw a silhouette of a man. He looks tall, well-dressed and so chatty. You heard the sound of the man and said to yourself, No way that's him. Don't tell me it IS him.  You let the thoughts wonder around your mind while you focus arranging the items back to its place.

Ding ding

Hello, welcome in. You bowed and as you were looking up, you saw him.

I hope he doesn't recognize me. WHY MUST HE BE HERE?  You groaned with the expression of disgust.

He picked something from the EXO shelf and put it on the counter. With the nervous feeling of yours, you tried to get yourself together and scan the stuff.

It cost, $35. Are you paying with ca- When you were about to finish your sentence, he cut through it.

Y/N? Hey, it's been awhile since we saw each other! How're you been?  Kai said smiling.

I've been doing good. You replied with the nervous laughter. 

How could he just pretend that we DID NOT JUST BROKE UP 3 MONTHS AGO?  Your thoughts screamed with anger.

That's great. Well, I'm already an idol not too long ago, bet you didn't see it coming huh? He said with his cheeky smile

You felt butterflies in your stomach. It feels like the first time you guys both met. It also feels like you are falling in love with him again. You quickly wipe that thought away and continue doing what you are supposed to do.

Anyways, are you going to pay or not?  You said in annoyed tone

Relax. Jeez still feisty as ever. Can't you relax for a bit?  He said while giving you his credit card.

No I can't smarty-pants. How could you forget about what happened to US?  You said to yourself.

After giving his card back, he handed you a letter. You looked at him confused but he insisted on you taking the letter. He utters a sentence in silent, Meet me at our usual spot.

Usual spot? Where we got together and broke up? What on earth? What is he thinking?  You shook your head in anger. You remembered the good times you guys had and the future you planned but sadness came you heard the words he said to you. The feeling of betrayal was insane. 

During lunch, you waited for Kai at your usual spot, thinking to yourself if he is keeping his promise. Sigh I knew it. Why did I bother? You drank the coffee that has been sitting for 5 minutes. 

Hey hey, I'm sorry that I'm late. Kai hurriedly sat down while still panting. You looked at his face and assumed that he was running. Old times.. Old times.. You chuckled quietly. Kai caught you laughing and smiled, You're still beautiful as ever. 

You pretended as if you heard nothing from him. You asked him about the purpose of the meet. He told you the reason of your break up. Well, no surprise that he was chosen to be an artist and the company found out about the news. You sighed. You explained what you had done after the separation and he looked horrified. He looked down, feeling guilty. I'm so dumb. I should've stood up to myself. He said quietly but you heard him on time. 

You told him that everything was already been done and he can't do anything about it. Suddenly, he pulled out a small box. You looked at him and looked back at the box. What? What's the meaning of this?

Before Kai could say a word, you quickly said, Look Kai. We can't be together. We can't. You know how bad it will affect your reputation right?  You looked at him but he was avoiding eye contact.

Kai, look at me. You asked nicely but he won't follow. You asked again then he looked straight into your eyes. Suddenly, your stomach ached. You could tell that he was trying to hold off the tears. You wiped his tears like the old times, he hold your thumb against his cheeks. 

Kai.. You said softly.

Okay I respect your decision. Do you promise to wait for me?  He asked.

You smiled at him. 

Maybe when fate makes its decision...

end.