We Are Leaving

Draco left her suitcase in the Slytherin common room and disappeared. Bexley had already dropped Bambina off at the owlery.

She huffed as she brought her suitcase up the millions of stairs. She was up a floor higher now that she was a year older. Bexley wished the floors could go down as she got older. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Finally she got to her room and it was exactly like the year she had last school year. She started rummaging through her suitcase. She needed the room to feel more 'roomy'.

Bexley was so preoccupied with her re arranging she didn't even notice Draco staring at her from the door.

"What are you doing?" She asked him calmly, a hand holding her chest from the slight scare.

His eyes wandered around her room completely ignoring her. He walked up to a picture frame of hers. It was a picture of her three friends. In the magical world pictures moved. They were all laughing and pointing to each other. She remembered the day clearly.

"Lets go for a walk." He stopped looking at photo and went back to looking at her. He held his hand out wanting her to grab it.

Bexley was fairly confused. He hadn't been rude to her one time. Had he truly gotten over his egotistical self? What happened this summer that changed him?

She looked at his hand he was still holding out for her. She reluctantly took it. His fingers weaved with hers. Bexley ignored the sparks that ran through her body.

They began walking through the empty, lonely corridors. "Why are you being so nice?" She finally decided to ask him.

He shrugged, not answering. There was something weird about him. He was unusually quiet and just not mean.

"Answer me!" Bexley demanded. She squeezed his hand hard and then dropped it out of her grasp.

He turned to her a solemn look on his face. "My only uncle passed away this summer. It just made me realize I need to keep the people I care about close to me." He explained without a drop of emotion on his face.

Bexley felt bad for him. Losing someone is always hard and it was clear he cared for his uncle. But, her heart slammed out of her chest when she heard the last part.

"You can say that." She began, her mouth turning to a frown. "But i'll always just be a 'mudblood' to you." She looked away from his daunting gaze.

"That's not true. I just say that stuff." He said.

Her frown deepened and she ran her hand through her hair that had gotten longer during summer. "You're mean to my friends." Is all she said. She was coming up with excuses to not accept this odd apology of his.

Draco tried hard not to roll his eyes and Bexley noticed this. "I don't like them and that won't change."

Bexley was frustrated with him. It wasn't fair that her friends got treated like shit whilst she couldn't do a whole lot.

"I don't know what you want me to say." She told him.

"I guess that's up to you." Then he turned and walked away leaving her in the empty corridor.

Bexley had a lot to think about.

==

Bexley pushed her legs as she ran as fast as she could to her friends that she missed dearly. The letters they exchanged throughout the summer was nothing compared to feeling she had when the three of them wrapped their arms around her.

"I missed you guys!" She practically yelled holding on tight to all of them.

"We missed you too." Remmy smiled and Bexley noticed that his red hair had gotten longer but it suited him well.

They were all on the steps to the entrance of the school. People rushed past them to go and set up in their dorms. They were starting to get shoved so they moved to the side.

"What are you doing here early? We never saw you on the train." Harrison asked her. His face was scrunched up in confusion.

"They sent someone to Canada to come get me. We just happened to get here early." Bexley rushed her answer. She did not want to tell them who had took her to Hogwarts.

They all nodded understanding her answer. "Well we should get settled in, in the Gryffindor rooms. We will see you in the Great Hall." Heidi spoke up. Her hair had gotten longer and her feminine looks had come out more since the last time Bexley had saw her.

Bexley smiled and nodded her head. She had to change into her school robes anyways. She made her way to her room and changed into her robes.

A flash of white caught her eye and she saw a note was sitting on her dresser. She picked up the note and read it.

Don't take it off.

D.M

Bexley looked beside where the note was and there was a silver chain laid out on her dresser. The chain had a silver and black snake pendant attached to it. It was such a beautiful necklace that Bexley just had to put it on.

She glanced at herself in the mirror before walking down the stairs and making her way to the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was already packed when she arrived and the only seat at the Slytherin table available was of course next to Draco.

She sat down next to him silently. Making a quick choice she leaned into him and whispered. "Thanks for the necklace. It is beautiful."

Draco was careful not to let a full smile so he had a slight smirk on his lips. His hand reached under the table and held on to her thigh giving it a slight squeeze.

"Attention!" The headmaster spoke with power in his voice. Bexley turned her gaze to him, ignoring the feeling of Draco's hand on her thigh.

"Let me introduce you to a few new teachers this year..." The headmaster had kept talking but Bexley droned him out.

She put her head in her palm, bored. Heidi attempted to make eyes contact with her. Bexley smiled at her but, Heidi shook her head and made the action of putting her head under the table. Bexley quickly clued in to what Heidi was doing and her cheeks flared red.

Bexley smartened up making her embarrassment go away without Draco noticing. Bexley's gaze shifted when she saw a girl a year younger than her staring at her. Not nicely either.

The headmaster had stopped talking and the feast had begun by this time. So Bexley had no problem staring back at the girl. "What the fuck are you staring at?" She sneered at the girl.

The girl was taken aback by Bexley's rude tone and her cheeks flushed red. "Just at your necklace. Who gave it to you?" She girl squeaked.

Draco had begun listening on the conversation and Bexley knew it too. "Draco gave it to me." Bexley answered her while making her back less slouched.

All the people at the Slytherin table started whispering and she felt Draco's hand move off of her. He grabbed her arm roughly. "We are leaving. Now." He demanded.