I Smell Sour Apples

"Good game!" Bexley met up with Draco straight out of the teams change room. She congratulated him and usually she never did but this time his father was here.

She could see his father, from the corner of her eye, walking towards them. Bexley played with the necklace around her neck nervously. Draco eyed her actions and when he looked up Lucius Malfoy was in front of them.

"Amazing win, Draco." His father had no emotion. His walking stick tapped the ground silently with every movement he made.

Draco mimicked his fathers behaviour and Bexley watched as they traded whispers. She was about to slip out of this awkward situation but a firm, cold hand grabbed her shoulder.

She looked up and her eyes were met with Lucius' cold ones. "And who may you be?" He took a sniff. Was he smelling her? "A mudblood?" Lucius couldn't contain himself.

Bexley didn't care that he called her that to be honest. It was just a word to her. Except the way Draco would say it. That felt horrible to her.

She put a sickly sweet smile on her face. There was one thing Bexley didn't lack and that was confidence. Most of the time.

She put her hand out for Lucius to shake. "I'm Bexley Sallow, sir."

Lucius tilted his head, his face still showing no emotion. Regardless he shook her hand. Bexley didn't know whether or not he did that because there was still people watching or if he truly wanted to.

"Are you in Slytherin miss Sallow?" She saw Lucius examine the green hoodie she had on.

Her eyes went to Draco and he watched them but he remained emotionless and silent. "Yes I am, sir." She answered Lucius.

Lucius nodded at her in approval and motioned his hand for her to shoo. "Very nice to meet you miss Sallow but, now I must speak to my son."

Bexley nodded and gave Draco a wave. She walked away back to her common room. She really didn't want to leave Draco with his mean father but he was his father.

==

Bexley sat in front of the fire in the common room with a blanket wrapped around her. She was mesmerized by the fires flames. She wasn't in the mood to read a book so this was the next resort.

A mug of hot chocolate sat beside her. Kendric had brought it to her on the way to bed. It was quiet late and most people were already in bed. Not Draco though. He hadn't come back yet.

She shouldn't feel worried but she did. The book she had read before, didn't make her feelings go away either.

"What are you doing?" Bexley looked up and her green eyes met with grey ones.

She shrugged. "Watching the fire."

"Well that's weird." Draco said.

Bexley rolled her eyes and stood up with the blanket still around her. "Well there is nothing to do."

Draco smirked at her crossing his arms. "I could name a couple things we could do." He sent her a wink.

Bexley tied her face up in mock disgust. She slapped his arm. "Shut up."

His smirk dropped and his eyes were softer then they were when they were with his father. "Let me walk you to bed." He held his hand out and Bexley weaved her fingers with his.

Together they walked up the stairs. They reached her room and she opened the door. Draco went to pull away but she tightened her grip. "I should go to my own room." He told her and Bexley didn't really want to hear that but she knew he was right.

She yanked his arm so he was her height. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and he smiled at her. He gave one last squeeze to her hand and walked away.

==

"Now, can anyone tell me what this is?" The teacher of her potions class pointed to a pot that had steam drops dripping down the side.

Heidi rose her hand from next to Bexley. Bexley admired how smart her friend was. Lately she had been spending more and more time with Kendric then anyone else. Draco hadn't been in classes for a week and she didn't know why. Her three friends always disappeared.

Whispers were always running around the school. Through the whispers she always heard them talking about the Dark Lord. And Harrison. Which confused her. Why were they talking about him?

The teacher pointed to Heidi indicating her to answer. "That is Amortentia. It is said that when you smell it you smell the scent of the person you love."

That teacher nodded at her confirming her answer. "That is right, miss Granger."

A few girls around her began going very close to the pot. The teacher slammed the lid on the potion making them jump back. "This potion does not create love. But, rather the illusion of it. A powerful obsession and infatuation with the giver of the potion." The teacher explained to the class.

Bexley saw Draco talking with his friends in the back of the classroom. It was like he appeared out of thin air. She hadn't seen him in a week. Her mood then became sour.

"Miss Sallow why don't you smell the potion and tell the class what you smell." The teacher ordered her.

As if this week couldn't get any worse. She always got picked for these things. She groaned out loud and some of her classmates snickered at her.

Bexley walked up the the pot and the teacher removed the lid and she took a whiff. Her nose filled with the scent of sour apples and the colour black. She knew you can't smell the colour black but that was the only way she could describe it.

"I smell sour apples." She said blankly not wanting to share with the class about the other scent she smelt.

The class began whispering and looking at Draco and back to her. She knew that this would happen. "Draco kind of smells like apples." She heard a girl that was friends with Draco whisper to the person next to her.

A blush formed on her face as everyone continued to talk about her. She wished that her face could remain like a stone. Like Draco was able to do.

Thankfully, the teacher called someone else to the pot and her class whispered about them instead.

==

After class Bexley walked up to Draco and all his friends stared at her as she did. Draco turned to her, his face lacking feeling.

"Where were you?" She asked him.

"I don't see how that is any of your business, mudblood." He snapped at her coldly his hand going to his forearm. She watched as he did this.

Bexley was taken aback by this so her eyes raised and she crossed her arms. " I suppose it's not." She shrugged and began to walk away. "I actually just wanted to know where the guy who fucks me all the time went."

This wasn't true at all. They never had done the deed but at this moment who was going to believe him over her? Nobody.

Draco's eyes narrowed at her and she sent an innocent smile. His friends stayed silent just watching what was going down.

She had no more words and it seemed as if he couldn't muster a response. Her fingers touched the snake pendant around her and she ripped it off her neck. She broke the latch while doing so. "I know you said to never take it off." Her face went into a pout. She dropped the necklace on the ground. "But, here."

People kept staring as she took out her wand and lit it on fire. She loved to light things on fire.

A teacher had seen the scene and came running up to her. The teacher put out the fire with a charm and grabbed Bexley by her robe. This whole time Bexley kept a smile on her face.

"Miss Sallow! Starting fires in this school is prohibited! My office now." As the teacher dragged her to her office Bexley gave Draco her middle finger making him frown. Then she obliged to the teacher and followed her to her office.