I Must Not Light Fires

Bexley sat in the office of the teacher that dragged her away from the scene. She glanced at the name plate that laid neatly on the desk. It read 'Miss Umbridge'. 

Bexley squinted her eyes at the name plate to make sure she had read that correctly. She had. The women came around the corner. Back at the scene Bexley had not even looked at the teacher that had dragged her away. She had been to furious.

"So I understand that you had lit a fire in my hallway?" Miss Umbridge sat down in her desk. 

Miss Umbridge wasn't wearing what all the other teachers wore. Most of the professors at Hogwarts wore variations of black clothing. Whether it was some type of black robe or dress pants and shirt. 

Miss Umbridge wore pink. Not a flattering pink either. The kind that just added things like non existent weight gain to someone. 

Bexley was emotionless. Her fury had returned deep inside of her. There was no point of lying to Miss Umbridge. She did light a fire in the hall way. "Yes I did." She admitted to the teacher.

Then Bexley shook her head. "I'm sorry, I have just never seen you before. Are you new?" It was true. Bexley had never seen this women before.

The teacher reached into her desk as she answered. "Yes. I am actually from the ministry of magic. I am here to evaluate the students and teachers." Miss Umbridge explained.

Miss Umbridge had already seemed uptight to Bexley. Bexley did not really like that. But, instead of saying anything she just nodded at Miss Umbridge.

From under Miss Umbridge's desk she took out a quill pen. Was this the renaissance?  Bexley crossed her legs uncomfortable. "Am I to write something?" 

Miss Umbridge tilted her head up making her look snotty. "You are to write 'I must not light fires in hallways.' Until you learn your lesson, miss Sallow."

Bexley did not make eye contact with the pink professor. "What about ink?" She fiddled the quill between her fingers. 

Miss Umbridge giggled at her. "This is a special quill. It does not require ink. When you are done writing the words you may return to your common room."

Bexley's rage slightly returned when this professor giggled at her. Regardless, she waited for Umbridge to exit her office. Then she held the quill firmly and wrote the words on the paper.

A searing pain went through Bexleys hand and she dropped the quill. On the top of her hand, in blood red, the words were pierced through her skin. Bexley became nausea's at what had just happened. This was plain child abuse. 

After that Bexley decided not to light fires in the hallway anymore. And avoid Miss Umbridge like the plague.

==

"How was detention?" Kendric smirked at her as she quietly closed the door to the common room. 

Bexley's hand quickly covered up the sore one. "Fine it was with Miss Umbridge." She told him, hoping he would know who she was. 

Kendric pushed his brown hair out of his eyes. "Ah. Umbridge. My father works with her at the ministry. He doesn't like her" He informed her with a sad smile.

She saw him glance at her hand that she was covering. Between them they had a silent understanding of what Bexley's punishment was. Kendric just knew. 

Kendric was very tall. Probably six feet so Bexley had to go on her tipsy toes a little to give him a proper hug. "I'm going to go to bed. It was an eventful day." She gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek.

Bexley ignored the blush she gave Kendric and walked up the thousand stairs to her dorm. She opened the door and shut it with a locking spell. She wanted a peaceful night tonight.

Her school robe was halfway off her body when she heard a noise. She fell to the floor not being able to see as the robe covered her face. 

"A locking spell?" The sound of Draco Malfoy's voice almost made her scream.

She flung the robe off of her leaving her in just a black t shirt. Her hair had knots in it from flinging it off. An evil glare made it's way to her face. "Get out Malfoy. I never want to see your stupid dumb face again." She turned her back to him and pretended to flick the invisible dust off her dresser.

He sat on her bed in all black. As always. Bexley hadn't seen him in a different colour besides black and emerald green. He crossed his arms showing a little of the muscles he had. "I had to say that stuff. I can't be seen as weak. The Dark Lords words not mine." 

The look on his face softened a little as he said that and maybe Bexley started to feel guilt creep in at her. She had ruined his necklace he had given her. She didn't understand the Dark Lords way.

"I don't care, Draco. You didn't warn me about this. I made an embarrassing scene. Nobody is going to forget that." She told him in frustration.

Bexley talked with her hands when she was frustrated, like most people do. So it was not a surprise when Draco grabbed her hurt hand.

"What the fuck is this?" He seethed staring at her hand.

Bexley became quiet and she pulled her hand back from. "It was my punishment." She told him, the sickness in her stomach coming back.

"I'll kill that professor." Draco's eyes were grey but a blackness swirled deep in them. 

Her hand touched his cheek and the blackness stopped. "I'm fine. I'm stronger then a scratch." She reminded him and he leaned in to her touch. 

He nodded his head agreeing with her then his face became a little serious. "Thing's are becoming sombre through the ministry and with my family. You might be able to sense it. People are disappearing." 

And Bexley could feel it. Most of the Slytherin's could. She heard whispers 24/7 throughout the school. Bad things were coming. 

"I know." She interrupted him.

He looked at her sadly. "I'm going away again. Don't get yourself in trouble while i'm gone. This will probably be the last time I leave." He tried his best to reassure her but she was anything but.

She pouted and pulled him into her. "Who am I supposed to kiss while your gone? Kendric?" She absolutely teased him.

Draco didn't take this lightly and he mimicked a growl pushing her off of him. She laughed and jumped on his back as he tried to walk away. Draco didn't expect her body weight and they both tumbled to the floor.

"I'm kidding my love." She covered him in kisses and she laughed at his pout. 

==

Authors Note:

10 votes and i'll release the next chapter tonight!