Chapter 3: Gusu

'It's been 2 years my love,my wei ying we are still waitig for your return .Me and our son. I love you .please come back.'

Lan Zhan has ben busy making everything right for the past 2 years, he became the chief cultivator after the incident wherein Meng Yao died. He mostly spend his time playing guqin, doing his tasks and teaching their only son, Lan Sizhui.

Lan Wangji is now inside the jingshi drinking a cup of tea when a knock from the door was heard.

"Come in" he said as the two people walks towards him. He stood and gave respect to his brother and uncle by puting his hands together and bowing. He then offered a sit and gave a cup of tea.

"Wangji, I found a way to send a letter to my old friend in Celestial Realm, I told him that we will be having an event here next month and I received a respond a while ago saying that he will be coming and they will gladly volunteer to teach some few things to the disciples attending specially his daughter." He stopped speaking and sipped a cup of tea uncertain whether  to continue to say who is it because he knows that this might hurt his nephew once he found out that it is Wei Ying's biological father.

"Uncle, may  I ask who are they?our important guests from Celestial Realm?" Wangji ask as he notice his uncle and brother's hesistant look, they don't want to bring more hopes to him because he might be dissappointed because they have thesame family name. Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren looked at each other.

" Brother, the King of Celestial Realm, Wei Changze" his brother replied looking at his younger brother.

"Brother, their family name is Wei?" 'How come I never heard of them before' he thought   "...is it a coincidence that their was once a Wei here in mortal realm?" He asken curiously

"That's what I'm not sure about ,Wangji because it's  been a long time since I talked to my friend." His uncle said sadly.

"Ok , uncle let's prepare for their arrival let's make them feel welcome" said Xichen optimistically

"Mn" replied Lan Zhan who has alot of question in his mind

'My Wei, are you really in there?'

'Are you their relative?'

'Are they our son's cousin?'

After a few hours of talking and planning for the upcoming month the two left the jingshi leaving Wangji behind.

'My wei ying i miss you'

It's dawn already when someone knocked once more. It was his son. He entered jingshi ans bowed to his father.

"Fuqin" said Sizhui "I miss fufu" he continued sadly and wangji simply hugged him and said

"Mn"

He started telling his son that he should prepare for he will meet a lo of new people next month for the gathering where disciples from different clan will go to Gusu to learn.

"Sizhui, this time someone important will come here, they're from Celestial Realm and their king is Wei Changze." Sizhui was amazed and shocked that's  why Wangji said that they're still not sure how Wei Ying is connected to them  so it's better to not act too emotionally towards them.

Sizhui nodded in understanding the situation. He is already 16 years old now, Lan zhan made his son play the guqin and observe what is the wrong thing he did and he teach him the right way.

Sizhui grew up more mature and like lan zhan. When Wei Ying died he kept his promise to care of his fuqin and he strived hard to be better each day which made his Fuqin proud and h become the most powerful and disciplined among their generation. He still has the mischievous side and at the same time he's like his Fuqin who has a calm yet powerful demeanor.

"Sizhui you go back to your room and rest" his fuqin saud and he obeyed. He bow down and gave his goodbyes.He can't explain what he's feeling but he's  excited and nrvous about what his fuqin told him.

'Fufu I hope I will be able to see you already, we miss you'

'I miss you, my wei ying'