Awakening.

A hundred memories must've gone through your head put one stuck out to you in particular.

"Please! I'm sorry please let me live!" You screamed in a shaky voice. You were being drugged and you slowly felt yourself slipping into a deep sleep. You turned your head and saw Doctor Ava Paige.

"Shh sweetheart, you are going to live you have to be quiet now or they might find us" Ava said in a reassuring tone.

"H-how?" You questioned on the verge of tears.

"Sweetheart, we're sending you into the maze so you don't get killed.." she replied calmly.

"But what if I get killed in the maze! I'll never get to see you again" you yelled in a whisper.

"Trust me you won't get killed, your special Y/N" she paused for a minute.

"You are the answer, Y/N you can save all of your friends" she continued.

You were on the verge of going unconscious, but just before you did Ava Paige whispered something in you ear.

"Remember Y/N, wicked is good" and with that you passed out.

Your mind went blank, the memories had stopped. You started to panic but suddenly you woke up.

"Newt!" You basically screamed. All of a sudden you were out of breath, gasping for a air. Out of the corner of your eye you saw a young boy with locks of curly brown hair. He also had green eyes.

Ava Paige's eyes. You thought to yourself.

The boy looked scared, the next thing you knew the he was running out of the room screaming for Newt to come to the room that you were in.

"She's awake! Newt what do I do!" The young boy yelled. A couple of seconds later Newt burst through the door.

"Your awake!" Newt exclaimed.

"Well no Newt I'm doing cartwheels" you said sarcastically.

He just looked at you with a confused face.

"I was being sarcastic you idiot!" You snapped.

"Well I didn't know that" he muttered under his breath.

Before you knew what you had done you got up off of the makeshift bed that you woke up on and hugged Newt.

"Thank you Newt" you said while bringing him into a tight hug.

"For what?" He questioned while hugging you back.

"For protecting me from the people" you replied.

"What people?" He said while pulling you out of his embrace.

Before you answered him you sat back down onto the bed and patted to the spot next to you. He furrowed his eyebrows at you before doing what you had motioned him to do, but before he sat down He repeated himself again.

"What people?" He asked you again, curiosity laced in his voice.

You waited for him to sit down and continued.

"Well when I injected myself with that blue liquid memories started spilling into my head" you explained.

"That's completely normal, but before the med jacks took the stinger out you sounded like you were pleading for something" Newt mentioned.

"My life" you told him, you turned your head to look him in the eyes.

"Y-your life?" He stuttered.

"Yes, I had been drugged and a girl well a woman called Doctor Ava Paige reassured me that I wasn't going to be killed but sent into the maze instead. But she also told me something before I passed out" as you were about to continue you saw Teresa in the door way.

"Wicked is good" she said calmly.

Newt looked at her with a face that you couldn't read. Suddenly a boy with black hair and brown eyes came storming into the room.

"This is unbelievable!" He shouted. His face was as red as a tomato.

Newt sprung up of the bed and spoke to the boy.

"What's wrong Gally?" Newt questioned.

"Her!" He stuck his finger out and pointed it at you.

All of a sudden you were fuming. Who is he, he certainly doesn't have any right to tell you that you are a problem.

"Who do you think you are huh!" You said as you jumped up off the bed.

Before he continued he pushed Newt out of the way and stood in front of you.

"Im Gally, that's besides the point who do you think you are running out into the maze, you aren't even a runner!" He screamed.

"Well I'm Y/N and I'm scared half to death alright! I just woke up in a strange place with lots of teenage boys that aren't making an effort to atleast try to explain to me why I can't remember anything or why I know things that you all don't!" At this point you two were almost kissing your faces were that close. Out of nowhere Gally grabbed you arm and dragged you out of the room that you were in.

"Hey let me go!" You said while hitting his arm.

"No! I'm putting you in the slammer and your not getting out until you learn the rules" Gally explained still shouting at you.

The next thing you knew Gally had thrown open a cage like door and threw you in the hole that was behind the door. Before you has got the chance to get up and climb out of the hole Gally had shut the door and tied it shut. You couldn't be bothered arguing so you just sat down in the corner of the hole and pulled your knees up to your chest and slowly but surely fell asleep.

A/N: please leave some comments so I know that this book is enjoyable so far.