Chosen.

"Y/N! Y/N! I know your job!" Winston screamed while running over to you.

You quickly turned around and raced towards Winston, meeting him in the middle.

"What! What is it!" You squealed excitingly.

"Well I'm not to sure but I over heard Alby saying something about Frypan" Winston explained, out of breath.

"Right um I'm sorry but what do you mean because if it was about Frypan then how could it be related to my job?" You asked very curiously.

"Oh yeah right sorry, well I heard him saying to Newt I think, that you would be good in the kitchen with Frypan" he replied.

That was all that it took. The kitchen, you in a kitchen it was infuriating just thinking about it. All along you thought that you would be a runner even though Alby didn't let you do a trial for it. You had great stamina and you could run very fast and to top it all off you weren't scared.

"I-Ill be right back ok?" You said not waiting for an answer.

You quickly ran over to the woods only because earlier you saw Alby and Newt enter the old oak trees. They must have went deep into the woods because it took you about five minutes to find them.

"How come I don't get to be a runner! I have all of the qualifications to be one, I have great stamina, I run fast and I'm not scared!" You yelled, you could feel your blood boiling.

If you were going to be trapped in the Glade you were going to have the job you wanted, if not you just wouldn't cooperate with anyone.

"Yes I agree, you do have all of the qualifications but it wasn't my choice" Alby started.

"Then whose was it! Huh?"

"It was mine alright!" Newt said raising his voice a little.

You felt a bit startled by Newt raising his voice. Although you haven't known him for long it didn't seem natural for him to do so.

Another memory filled your mind, you saw Newt in front of you. He looked angry very angry for that matter. He couldn't have been older than thirteen so you assumed you might've been a bit younger, maybe a year.

"You can't just do that! They could've shot you" Newt said his voice the same volume as it just was.

"Well I couldn't just leave him! I would rather be shot than him being shot" you shot back.

You were in a hospital looking room. There were blue curtains for privacy in between beds that looked very uncomfortable. The only difference was the deadly looking vats of blue liquids scattered on any free surface.

You crossed your arms and turned away, you hated fighting with Newt.

"Don't say things like that! Chuck would've been fine. They would have took pity on him and let him go!" He fired back, his voice cracking a little.

So that was the person that you saved, Chuck. You thought.

You couldn't help but scoff. He could say anything he liked but you were glad you saved Chuck. Just before you could begin speaking the man that you saw in your other memory walked in.

"Hey! What are you two doing in here" he squawked.

"N-nothing sir I was just going" you quickly replied. You felt scared, for some reason this mystery man scared you.

Quickly you ran out of the room and that's when the memory ended.

You must have been staring into space for awhile so you just when back to your point and questioned Newt.

"W-why! I'm perfectly capable of going in there!"

"I don't want you getting hurt alright! Just accept it" he implied.

You couldn't believe what he had just said. Just accept it? No way that was happening, but you didn't bother arguing back you just turned around and walked out of the woods.

Just before you went back to your day you went to find Minho. You scanned your eyes over the glade looking for Minho until eventually you found him. He was just sitting by the doors drinking water, you assumed that he just got out of the maze since beads of sweat covered his forehead. You started to make your way over to him but you didn't run because you weren't in any hurry.

For the first time you admired the Glade for what it was. It was quite beautiful if you really thought about it, even the history. All of these boys and Teresa have built up a community that is honestly charming. Now, Minho was only about a metre away.

"Minho! How are you doing?" You said, making conversation.

"Hmm let's see I'm exhausted" he grumbled.

Letting out a laugh you joined his side looking into his eyes.

"Just wondering but any chance that you like breaking the rules around here?" You interrogated, very innocently.

"Are you kidding? I Absolutely love breaking those shucking rules" he chuckled.

"Alright then let me ask you this, how about you take me into the maze tomorrow behind Alby's back?"

He paused for a moment looking in front of him probably thinking. Just as you thought he would say no he turned around and to your surprise he answered.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, tomorrow at sunrise meet me at the Homestead"

A cheeky grin spread across both of your faces. Tomorrow was going to be an adventure.