HOLI

"Are the flowers plucked?" I asked one of the dasis. "Yes my lady everything is ready for tomorrow you go and take some rest." The older woman said. She was sitting making balls of sweet in her palms. "The laddoos look tasty." I said sitting down beside her. "Don't even eye those sweets princess!" , she rolled her eyes at me " I still remember when you were a little girl you would come here and distract me while the boys would steal my laddoos." I broke out in a fit of laughter "No no I don't have that intention now I thought I would just help u out. I know how to make laddoos. My Bhrata Bheem loved the ones made by me." I felt a sharp pang of sadness on talking about my brother. "Okay we are not stopping to make laddoos we will again make them in future then you may show us your skills. Now go and take rest." She shooed me away.

I went to bed thinking about the last Holi , in Indraprasth. Bhrata Arjun was in exile then and therefore we celebrated Holi with very less pomp and show. I remembered my time spent with Kanha in my garden and fell into a deep dream.

Waking up the next day to a splendid dawn of Holi was amazing. It seemed that the nature was also playing with colours in its own way. Everything looked brighter.

"Have a splendid life ahead dear. We have missed having you around during Holi. Go you children enjoy yourself." Mataa Rohini and Mataa Devki sayed blessing us. They rubbed a bit of colours on cheeks and we went to address the civilians.

Dau started, " To all of you who have gathered here. We wish you all the goodness world in the name of Lord Narayan. I along with all of my family will join you shortly for the festivities but you may start playing already." Then there was a huge bang from the announcing drums and a shower of colours. The royal gardens were opened for the people to play with colours and soon we joined in.

We greeted everyone with colours and painted each other to the extent where we couldn't even be recognized. I realized that it was long time since I had laughed so much that my jaw was aching.

Soon after Arya started playing his flute standing in a perfect posture everyone's movement fell in a particular rhythm. Everybody was dancing. And after a while we were all dancing in circles. And then I felt a sudden wholeness.

Third person's point of view

The festival of colours in Dwarka was a sight to behold and the music of Krishna's flute made it divine. The Dwarkan Royal gardens looked like a huge flower with Vasudev playing his flute in the centre. He was surrounded by his wives including the Princess of Indraprasth Advaita. They were dancing around him. A divine scene. They formed a circle around him and then one by one stepped inside the circle to dance with him to the beats of the drum. Lastly it was his favourite Queen Darshinika and when they danced even the Gods in the heaven came to watch them. It was nothing less than Lord Shiva and Parvati dancing. They seemed to be in some kind of trance. But with the end of the dance the trance broke and Advaita retired to her position in the circle and Krishna picked a new tune. This was sweeter than honey and more addictive than anything he has ever played. Everybody danced in a trance drunken in the music of Krishna's flute. And at this time Advaita felt a sudden pang of wholeness run down her spine.

Advaita's point of view

It was an unique feeling like never before. I couldn't keep up with the dance anymore. Then I saw a woman. She looked divine. She walked through the crowds of dancing people. I felt kinship towards her. I had seen her somewhere before. But no one seemed to notice her. No one looked at her except me and...and Dau. He was also looking in shock. And it was when she walked past me and Satyabhama jiji I realised who she was. But everyone was too drunk in the melody of Arya's music to take notice of her. She was no one other than Radharani of Braj. I wanted to talk to her but my feet were rooted to the ground. She walked up to Arya. Took a deep breathe and a divine happiness filled her visage. And then without even speaking a word she vanished in the crowds of people.

My eyes couldn't find her anywhere. She had definitely come to meet Arya but then why didn't she stop to talk to him. I knew this was the first time they were meeting after he has left Braj. And I knew how much they loved each other then didn't she want to talk to him. Didn't she want to talk to him? Was this how pure love worked?

Meanwhile Arya had opened his eyes and stopped playing the flute. Everyone else had stopped too and where talking amongst each other but I saw Arya there was an air of hastiness in his eyes. He was searching. His eyes were searching for her. He had definitely felt something too. I was about to go tell him that I had seen her. She was here. And he needed to find her. But Subhadra came and pulled me with her. The disappointment in his eyes were clearly visible.

Hey guys did you like the chapter? Let me know in the comments and keep voting and supporting and also stay safe.